Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomatoes in Greenhouse

I'm rather new to greenhouse gardening and am wondering whether my potted on
tomato seedlings would be ok in a cold greenhouse where they are to be
planted in due course? I notice that since I potted them on and moved them
to a cooler bay window they are looking stronger.

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 05-03-2008, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Place them in a cold greenhouse in Mid April, but you can place them
there now if you can maintain a temperature of about 55% F. As a matter
if interest, what is the temperature in you bay window at about 2 am on
a coldish night?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in
message ...

Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:10:13 -0000, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote and included this (or some
of this):

I'm rather new to greenhouse gardening and am wondering whether my potted on
tomato seedlings would be ok in a cold greenhouse where they are to be
planted in due course? I notice that since I potted them on and moved them
to a cooler bay window they are looking stronger.

I shall be from this weekend be putting some trays of potted-on toms
into the greenhouse (during the sunny days only) to take advantage of
the light. I shall bring then into the conservatory at night, but
they're not going to get their little feet into greenhouse soil for
about 4-5 weeks yet. And they'll get a bit of paraffin heater help
overnight for the first week

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²
Old 05-03-2008, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 5 Mar, 09:10, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote:
I'm rather new to greenhouse gardening and am wondering whether my potted on
tomato seedlings would be ok in a cold greenhouse where they are to be
planted in due course? I notice that since I potted them on and moved them
to a cooler bay window they are looking stronger.

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Associationwww.rraa.moonfruit.com

Remember if you close the curtains at night then close the plants into
the room not out of it.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 05-03-2008, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Place them in a cold greenhouse in Mid April, but you can place them
there now if you can maintain a temperature of about 55% F. As a matter
if interest, what is the temperature in you bay window at about 2 am on
a coldish night?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Good question, unfortunately I have no idea but it's completely unheated in
that room