Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT email ?

In message , David in
Normandy writes
Pete C says...
David in Normandy wrote:
Charlie Pridham says...
In article ,
says...
Charlie Pridham says...
Is it possible to copy the emails in folders for transfer to
another computer like you can with the address book? (win 98)

Yes, but you need to be more specific about what email
software you use? If you use Outlook Express it is easy and
will explain if that is what you use?

Sorry, yes I still OE but I am trying to transfer from win98 over to
vista which has windows mail (looks the same!) and no I can not
network could before vista but not now

Ahh! You've got me now. I think Vista uses something
different for email? To transfer OE mail between other
windows versions is easy. Hopefully someone else will
explain what is involved with Vista.

David,........a question.......What if Charlie installed donor hard drive as
a slave in the recipient machine. Then copied mails to an archive folder by
drag and drop. Would this be possible?

I don't know. I'm avoiding Vista like the plague. I'd heard
that Vista uses something different to OE so I don't even
know if the emails are in a compatible format for transfer.

Vista uses what is now called Windows Mail. It has an import facility
for Outlook Express files. It seems straightforward enough.

Basically you copy the files across to the Vista machine and then import
them into Windows Mail.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...ansfer-mail.ht
ml
--
Chris French

Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , newspost-c-
says...
In message , David in
Normandy writes
Pete C says...
David in Normandy wrote:
[...]

OK, thanks everyone. I am now dare I say it a fan of vista! mine after
initial problems due to hardware works very well and is lot faster that
either the machine running 98 or xp, my only gripe is the networking
where it does not see a 98 machine at all. but all my older programes
have worked and I have not had to buy any other software
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

[quote='David in Normandy[_7_];782074']Pete C says...[color=blue][i]
David in Normandy wrote:[color=green][i]
Pete C says...[color=darkred][i]
David in Normandy wrote:
Charlie Pridham says...
In article ,
says...
Charlie Pridham says...
Is it possible to copy the emails in folders for transfer to
another computer like you can with the address book? (win 98)

If all else fails, archive it then send it as an E-Mail attachment to yourself and recover it using the Vista M/C
Old 03-04-2008, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham says...
OK, thanks everyone. I am now dare I say it a fan of vista!

Wash your mouth out with carbolic!!! :-)
--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Is it possible to copy the emails in folders for transfer to another
computer like you can with the address book? (win 98)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Why not just pick your desired email then go File Save As and choose your
desired folder anywhere on your hard drives or partitions. Admittedly you
will have to do this with each email you wish to save, however if you do
this as you go, it will make filing easier. Your emails get saved as *.eml
files in your chosen folder and you can open them any time if you are using
OE.

If you don't have a flash card you could probably WinZip the folder to your
address on the web and then pick it up there for importing to a different
computer.

someone

Old 04-04-2008, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

[...]

I had thought of this but I am about to change over and wanted the whole
lot in one go (which I have now done)
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , someone
writes

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
ET...
Is it possible to copy the emails in folders for transfer to another
computer like you can with the address book? (win 98)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Why not just pick your desired email then go File Save As and choose your
desired folder anywhere on your hard drives or partitions. Admittedly you
will have to do this with each email you wish to save, however if you do
this as you go, it will make filing easier.

Presumably you don't keep many emails?

I tend to keep a lot of emails, I would have to do thousands of saves .

Not that I would in reality of course, because for my email client I'd
just have to move a couple of files to transfer them all.

--
Chris French