Old 13-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered User

Question agave

I have an agave which I got last year...two of its leaves have got large brown spots on them and the tips of the leaves are brown also..what is wrong?
Old 13-04-2008, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default agave

"solaara" wrote
I have an agave which I got last year...two of its leaves have got large
brown spots on them and the tips of the leaves are brown also..what is
wrong?

They usually have dark brown hard spines at the end of the leaves, is that
what you have?
Our two large Agave americana "variegata" have been permanently outside for
years, I bring them up to the house wall under our porch roof for the winter
so the stay a little warmer, and most importantly dryer, and put them back
to their summer spots asap.
Have you kept them in warm conditions over winter so they have grown soft in
the low light conditions but let them get very cold at night with water
spots on the leaves?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Agave advice ?? Novaa Australia 0 25-10-2003 04:02 AM
Agave parryi v. truncata edmund Ponds (alternative) 0 17-07-2003 07:02 PM
Agave pups? Whit Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
help on Agave ÑödD¥ Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Agave in UK Winter [email protected] United Kingdom 0 09-12-2002 04:26 AM