Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommendation for an effective garden sprayer

Last year I attempted to grow outdoor tomatoes for the first time for about
25 years. They all died from Tomato Blight. I understand that this was an
unusual event, but I am now slightly paranoid about blight on my outdoor
tomatoes this year. I have resolved to use Bordeaux mixture as required,
(apparently this is approved for organic crops, contra-intuitively) and I
have signed up for www.potato.org.uk/blight email alerts for my post code
address (and for my family and friends). It appears that I have been in a
full 'Smith Period' for most of last week and again today (Peterborough).
What's more there is potato blight in several regions of the uk at the
moment.

Anyway, I got out my (one year old) hozelock sprayer and attempted to spray
with bordeaux mixture. That sprayer is absolutely pathetic! The question is,
does anyone have any recommendations for an effective (reasonably
inexpensive) hand sprayer which works? Frankly, I'd rather spend a few more
pounds on one that actually works - so the 'effective' is more important
than the 'reasonably inexpensive' bit.

John

Garden sprayer Peter James[_2_] United Kingdom 1 03-08-2010 01:11 PM
Cost effective garden edges and retaining walls Lionel[_2_] Australia 6 18-04-2010 10:53 AM
garden sprayer gilli United Kingdom 1 13-05-2008 03:10 PM
Scare Crows - Effective? Nedra Ponds 9 16-06-2003 11:08 PM