Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rhino greenhouses

Anyone had any experience with these? They look fantastic in the
brochure and come at about half the price of the Robiunson's ones that I
had been calculating for.
Not sure I could go for three thousand pounds for a greenhouse even if
it's in white.
Saw the Rhino on the Internet and notice their showrooms are in Herts so
might have a look first to make sure.

It's only taken me three years to decide anyway i keep putting it off
because of the price but the Rhino has most extras as standard unlike
some of the others.

However I have never seen on in the flesh so to speak.
Would have liked white as it looks better so near to the house but what
the heck, it's a lot more money and i can buy an awful lot of compost
for that !

Janet

I know one of you will say how you knocked yours together in a weekend
with bits of this and that found in skips and it withstood 300 winters
but i ma a bit wary of building one myself! Besides the Alton that we
have continues to increase its sag along the top by the week. If it
collapses on me or the cuttings i expect I'll think any alternative
would have been cheaper.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-06-2008, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dr dr is offline

Janet Tweedy wrote:

[...]

I've seen one in the flesh Janet and it looked great to me. The advertising
blurb has pictures of folks sitting atop the greenhouses but I don't think
i'd try that myself.

I think given the tendancy for things to go bump in the garden that i'll be
investing in one of these myself shortly. Once I can persuade our local
council that I really don't need planing permission.

Duncan
Old 14-06-2008, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"dr" wrote in message
Janet Tweedy wrote:

Anyone had any experience with these? They look fantastic in the
brochure and come at about half the price of the Robiunson's ones
that I
had been calculating for.

I first saw them at the NEC Gardening Show last time (don't know if they
have a stand this year) and was most impressed by their construction and
specification versus the competition.
When my 45 year old 20 ft Alton finally sags to the point of lethality
(is that a word?) which may be any day now, I fully intend to treat
myself to one, because, like the ad's say..... I'm worth it !!
Go on....spoil yourself, don't you deserve one ?

pp.

Old 15-06-2008, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , p. pleater
writes

When my 45 year old 20 ft Alton finally sags to the point of lethality
(is that a word?) which may be any day now, I fully intend to treat
myself to one, because, like the ad's say..... I'm worth it !!
Go on....spoil yourself, don't you deserve one ?

pp.

Ah well your Alton has outlasted mine! This year apparently they intend
to make 10 cream coloured greenhouses (Rhino that is) However they are a
bit dearer and I'd rather go for the space than the colour even though i
would love a white or cream one as the greenhouse is quite near the
kitchen and lounge window .

The salesmen seem very knowledgeable and helpful, though i can't decide
whether to have the free standing with shelves or the fitted with sort
of cantilevered fitments.
When you see how much they include for the price in contrast to
Robinson's who seem to charge for every single 'extra'.

Quite excite g this getting a new greenhouse i have to say!!

Janet

ATTN: RHINO jammer Ponds 0 10-08-2003 01:32 AM
Rhino greenhouse Ray Williams United Kingdom 0 30-07-2003 07:02 AM
[IBC] Panels for Greenhouses ?? Mark Hill Bonsai 5 12-03-2003 03:44 PM
Greenhouses CK United Kingdom 0 04-02-2003 08:53 AM
Greenhouses Julie Gardening 2 02-02-2003 06:34 PM