Old 27-06-2008, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help! Forget me not!

I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but they
have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of course
packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?

Old 27-06-2008, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" news.plus.net wrote in message
et...
I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but
they have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of
course packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?

You can always pot them on to bigger pots in the interim and plant out when
you have room

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 27-06-2008, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

The root space in plugs will not be enough to promote significant
growth and so they would have to be potted up if you want decent
plants. You don't really need to use plugs or pots though, unless
space is a major factor.They can simply be lined out in a bit of spare
ground at 20 - 25cm. spacings and grown on. By October they will
nice, big bushy plants that will transplant perfectly and provide a
mass of bloom in spring. Although on a much larger scale for selling
on my nursery, I always used to grow Sweet Williams, Wallflowers,
Bellis (double daisies) and Myosotis (forget-me-not) like this.

Old 27-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but they
have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of course
packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?
When you say plugs, what size are these?
Old 27-06-2008, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:24:26 +0100, "Trevor" news.plus.net wrote:

I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but they
have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of course
packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?

You may need to move them into bigger pots, but let me tell you this:
you will never need to sow seed again. Once you have grown them they
just seed themselves everywhere.
Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

Old 28-06-2008, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"Trevor" news.plus.net wrote in message
et...
I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but
they have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of
course packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?

You can always pot them on to bigger pots in the interim and plant out
when you have room

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com
Feed the soil, save the planet

There must be 3 or 4 hundred!

Old 28-06-2008, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:24:26 +0100, "Trevor" news.plus.net wrote:

I've sown forget me nots and recently pricked them out into plugs, but
they
have to move on in another month. The borders I want them for are of
course
packed full. Do they just sit in the plugs until October?

You may need to move them into bigger pots, but let me tell you this:
you will never need to sow seed again. Once you have grown them they
just seed themselves everywhere.
Good luck.

Pam in Bristol

I have grown them in the past - and they have all gone - hence more from
seed!

Forget Anti-Freeze; Forget D-Con; Try Fly Bait Way Back Jack[_7_] Gardening 7 12-06-2019 10:14 PM
Forget Me Not Flowers David United Kingdom 1 24-07-2004 07:03 PM
forget-me-not flower David Gardening 0 23-07-2004 10:22 PM
Forget Me Not Flowers David United Kingdom 4 22-07-2004 09:14 AM
Chatham Island forget-me-not (Myosotidium nobile) Chris Hogg United Kingdom 2 18-04-2003 06:20 PM