Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-06-2008, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

Default Charming sight

We were all having tea in the largest greenhouse when we noticed that a tray
of 24 x 9cm pots, filled with compost, had been invaded by half a dozen
sparrows, each of which had chosen a pot to itself. They had the most
thorough and wonderfully enjoyable dustbath that went on for a good 15
minutes. Compost was flying everywhere, clouds of dust were rising upwards,
feathers and wings and tails were given a good coating and ten seconds
before Ray walked in with his camera, they all flew off! But what a really
enjoyable thing to see - pure enchantment!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com