Old 25-04-2003, 09:08 PM
STEPHEN

Default clemetis prob

Just moved in a new house, and I have a clematis ( Montana Elizabeth ). The
plant as stings running horizontal along the back fence. The plant looks
dead except for the bottom. I don't know what to do with it. Do I cut the
dead off or just let it run its course and see what happens

Any reply was be appreciated

Thanx

Stephen

--

He who Laughs last
is a last laugher

Old 25-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Rachel Sullivan

In article , STEPHEN
writes
Just moved in a new house, and I have a clematis ( Montana Elizabeth ). The
plant as stings running horizontal along the back fence. The plant looks
dead except for the bottom. I don't know what to do with it. Do I cut the
dead off or just let it run its course and see what happens

Sounds like it might be time for a good tidy up. It should be in flower
by now (or almost), so what looks dead probably is. Cut back to living
growth, give it a mulch & some bonemeal, water it & see how it goes.

--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site
Old 26-04-2003, 09:57 PM
STEPHEN

U R a star mate, thanx

stephen

--

He who Laughs last
is a last laugher
"Rachel Sullivan" wrote in message
In article , STEPHEN
writes

Old 27-04-2003, 02:20 PM
STEPHEN

I have just cut it down to the new growth, hope I have done right, i suppose
time will tell

stephen

--

He who Laughs last
is a last laugher
"STEPHEN" wrote in message
U R a star mate, thanx

stephen

Iris prob uk Cumberpach Ponds 5 08-04-2005 09:27 PM
help with citrus prob MC Australia 4 20-06-2004 12:03 PM
Which rose & clemetis? Jayne United Kingdom 8 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
prob. kordaska sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:31 PM
prob. kordaska sci.agriculture 0 04-04-2003 08:44 AM