Old 09-07-2008, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RHS on the ball

It's good to know that behind the scenes they're quietly beavering away on
everyone's behalf. We had a letter from Wisley asking us to submit some
bits of Lepechinia chamaedryoides so Ray sent them a whole plant. Perhaps
some queries have been raised over other Lepechinias because we've had a
reply saying ours is indeed what it claims to be but also that 3 plants
labelled L. salviae sent to them all have proved to be L. hastata. They have
also asked if they can keep ours and plant it in their Mediterranean bed to
which we have, of course, agreed so we'll have to go and visit it! But it
goes to show that their efforts to maintain the integrity of e.g. The Plant
Finder are constant.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote ...
It's good to know that behind the scenes they're quietly beavering away on
everyone's behalf. We had a letter from Wisley asking us to submit some
bits of Lepechinia chamaedryoides so Ray sent them a whole plant. Perhaps
some queries have been raised over other Lepechinias because we've had a
reply saying ours is indeed what it claims to be but also that 3 plants
labelled L. salviae sent to them all have proved to be L. hastata. They
have
also asked if they can keep ours and plant it in their Mediterranean bed
which we have, of course, agreed so we'll have to go and visit it! But it
goes to show that their efforts to maintain the integrity of e.g. The
Plant
Finder are constant.

I hope the same person that was in charge of "your" Jade Vine cutting and
the others for the new greenhouse isn't involved! :-(

I too will keep my eyes open on the next visit.

BTW the Cafe food at Wisley is appalling these days in both price and
variety.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

They have
also asked if they can keep ours and plant it in their Mediterranean bed to
which we have, of course, agreed so we'll have to go and visit it!

It'll be like a welfare visit for a dog!! Following up to make sure they
are looking after it.
I hope you questioned them thoroughly about how they intended to keep it
and where they want to plant it etc.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

ball;ing on Aloha dave weil Roses 3 03-08-2003 07:42 PM
Ball on lawn David Hill United Kingdom 6 17-07-2003 01:22 AM
Ball on lawn David Hill United Kingdom 0 16-07-2003 06:05 AM
Root ball question clipster Gardening 2 18-05-2003 06:32 PM
Telegraph : Odd ball letter starts maths puzzle mania Tarzan United Kingdom 3 09-02-2003 09:19 AM