Old 14-07-2008, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge cutting ladder/platform

Hello,
I need something a bit safer than my stepladder to stand on when cutting my
hedge(using a strimmer with hedge cutting attachment) which is about 10-11'
high.Can anybody recommend a platform for this?
Many thanks for any help.

Old 14-07-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Hoodoo" writes:

| I need something a bit safer than my stepladder to stand on when cutting my
| hedge(using a strimmer with hedge cutting attachment) which is about 10-11'
| high.Can anybody recommend a platform for this?

We bought an industrial 10' stepladder for a similar purpose; you
can also buy platforms. They will cost a couple of hundred quid.
The domestic ones are 1/3 the price, but a lot more flimsy and
hence less stable.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 14-07-2008, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:52:32 +0100, Hoodoo
wrote:

Hello,
I need something a bit safer than my stepladder to stand on when cutting my
hedge(using a strimmer with hedge cutting attachment) which is about 10-11'
high.Can anybody recommend a platform for this?
Many thanks for any help.

Here's a page with a selection of them:
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...dept_id=200342

I like this one:
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=DD8140D

Though I haven't bought one as I don't really do that much with hedges.

Steven

Old 15-07-2008, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Hello,
I need something a bit safer than my stepladder to stand on when cutting my
hedge(using a strimmer with hedge cutting attachment) which is about 10-11'
high.Can anybody recommend a platform for this?
Many thanks for any help.

Here's a page with a selection of them:
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...dept_id=200342

I like this one:
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=DD8140D

Though I haven't bought one as I don't really do that much with hedges.

We use a sherpamatic platform for hedges:

http://www.laddersalesdirect.co.uk/s...orm-p-386.html

I wouldn't get on any of the links above with a decent chainsaw in
hand...

Also the platforms are good because the feet are large, so if the ground
is soft
you don't have to put down boards to hold it up. Anything with pointy
feet you
risk a foot sinking in, which can be frightening when you're up there
with machinery.
(wide boards work fine to support the feet, but if there's a garden bed
around they're
not always a good option.)

Also good for picking fruit on high tige.

-E
Old 15-07-2008, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Many, many thanks to everyone for all your help!

T.