Old 10-03-2010, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge cutting platform ?

Getting on a bit and lots of hedges in our garden (200 yards, some quite
high). Thinking of getting something a bit more steady than we use ATM to
cut them. Been looking at the Henchman Hi-Step Range :-

http://www.henchman.co.uk/productcategory.jsf?id=1

OK expensive but might make things a little safer - wife fell a couple of
years ago (unsteady step ladder) and hurt herself.

Anyone used Henchman ? Thoughts ?

TIA.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:48:19 -0000, pied piper wrote:

have u tried the hedge cutter with the long pole ?

I've got one but it's nowhere near long enough for some of the high and
quite wide hedges. I really do need to be up there.

Thanks for the suggestion.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I bought on a couple of years ago & generally very happy with it -
it's definitely a lot safer than a bog-standard stepladder or platform
due to it's seemingly infinitely adjustable legs / feet - very useful
on uneven ground. It is fairly heavy to move around (though I've got
the steel not the aluminium), and the adjusting does take time, but
overall worth the hassle.

Can't remember which model I bought (looking at the pictures I think
it's the Senior) & it gets me in a position to trim a 10-12' hedge

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Paul
Old 12-03-2010, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:11:57 -0800 (PST), Paul wrote:

I bought on a couple of years ago & generally very happy with it -
it's definitely a lot safer than a bog-standard stepladder or platform
due to it's seemingly infinitely adjustable legs / feet - very useful
on uneven ground. It is fairly heavy to move around (though I've got
the steel not the aluminium), and the adjusting does take time, but
overall worth the hassle.

Sounds like what I need although I'll probably go for the aluminium one.

Can't remember which model I bought (looking at the pictures I think
it's the Senior) & it gets me in a position to trim a 10-12' hedge

I'm looking at the Junior - up to 9' 6". Got a bit of hedge a little higher
but the Junior will cope with most of my hedges.

Hope this helps.

It does indeed - thanks Paul.
--
Regards,