Old 17-07-2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

Default Besides eating,what else do you think pineapples are also good for ?

On 17 Jul, 21:04, I3 wrote:
sf wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:17:38 -0700 (PDT), Keith
wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

In the Movie ³Little Nicky ³ in hell Pineapples were shoved up
Adolph Hitlers ass. I might want to get a large one for George.

Bill

Useless info below deals with pineapples.

http://www.compostthis.co.uk/item/pineapple

http://bettinazzi.m.tripod.com/alphabet.htm

http://www.sgaonline.org.au/info_science_of_composting.html

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Old 18-07-2008, 01:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

"cybercat" wrote

If I were you ... and this is just me, mind you ... I might stop buying
them.

Try telling the Mrs that!
She buys them at the request of daughter who then doesn't "get round" to
eating them presumably.

But no, I wouldn't specifically buy them for their aesthetic enhancement of
the composting process

Phil

Old 19-07-2008, 05:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

"Keith" wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

The juice is supposed to be good for tenderising meat.

--
eBid - The Friendlier Online Auction Site
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Old 19-07-2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

paghat wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

Meat tenderizer. There's an enzyme in them, this is the main ingredient in
"accent:" meat tenderizer.

Or you can just pound your meat with one.

-paghat the ratgirl

I'm sorry, but I am *not* beating my meat with a pineapple!
Old 19-07-2008, 06:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

"Keith" wrote in message
Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

Blowing up stores.

OR

Pineapple Bomb Recipe
A great summertime drink, this one blends pineapple juice, amaretto and
bourbon. Enjoy in those lazy, hazy days of summer!
1oz bourbon
1/2oz amaretto
3oz pineapple juice

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Old 19-07-2008, 06:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

Keith wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

Drinking... pina coladas.

If you value your lips do NOT suck the bits of flesh that cling to
pared pineapple skin.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ple.html?cat=5

Old 22-07-2008, 05:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

Is this a trick question? *I've tried to root the top in the past, but
it hasn't worked for me.

Just choked on my coffee, then realised you were trying to grow the
top. In Oz "root" is also a slang word meaning the same thing as ****.

JB

Mae West

Old 22-07-2008, 07:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote:

Besides eating, what else have you found pineapples are also good
for ?

Is this a trick question? =A0I've tried to root the top in the past, but
it hasn't worked for me.

Just choked on my coffee, then realised you were trying to grow the
top. In Oz "root" is also a slang word meaning the same thing as ****.

JB

I thought everything meant that in Oz.

-paghat the ratgirl