Old 20-07-2008, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I don't believe it!!!

On Jul 20, 10:57 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 20/7/08 20:49, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Jul 20, 8:00 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in

On Jul 20, 4:07 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Across and alongside the track from our allotment was a 2ft wide bit of
soil
covered with weeds against a S. facing wall. Not being one waste such a
superb growing position I dug over the bit opposite out plot and planted
surplus plants from our garden there, a number of TB Iris some large Red
Hot
Pokers, lots of hardy Geraniums and a small Paulownia.
Beginning to look nice until we went down there yesterday, some idiots
have
obviously been employed to strim the weeds and they have gone along the
wall
and strimmed everything to the ground!
I suppose if they had any intelligence they wouldn't do that job.
Rant over.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob that is do disheartening, how stupid, even someone with half a
brain should have known to leave them alone. Do you know anyone on
the Council who will bring up this sort of thing at their next
session?

Judith

Judith, you can find exactly the person who's in charge of such things and
convince him/her of your case but they don't go out with the 'workers'. The
bosses say that the 'workers' are 'trained'.

If you see the 'workers' who do this they say that they're under orders.

Shades of the Third Reich ...

Mary

Mary

Shadows of something Mary, something nuts.

Judith

I think we're very lucky here. Sprays are used but in great moderation and
the banks here are filled with wild flowers running alongside all the lanes
and the main road, the A38. We have great sheets of primroses and ox eye
daisies, valerian, violets, foxgloves, dog roses and honeysuckle, as well as
Queen Anne's lace and all sorts of other things I don't recognise. But we
have lost a stand of wild orchids after a house owner was allowed to build a
perfectly hideous brick wall and drive. In fact, I sometimes wish I had
Kay, or someone equally knowledgeable, here to name all these things for me.
At present there's something plumey and cream coloured in the hedgerows and
I have no idea what it is. I think I really must try to remember to keep a
camera in the car and then put up pics of all the wild flowers which I can
ask people to ID for me.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You paint a lovely picture. Kay has been to stay with you, I am sure
she will be able to offer advice. Maybe Cormaic could, he also has a
huge knowledge of all things and he too has been to your home a couple/
few times?

Judith