Old 27-07-2008, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Watering question

On Jul 27, 11:39 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:25:18 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:21 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:08:36 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:02 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:58:29 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:20 am, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:54:42 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:39 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
I have a one year old Oleander, about 1 metre and a half high in a
huge pot. It is flowering right now. How often do I need to water
it. Sacha has seen the size of the urn/pot as as she is more au fait
with stuff can probably explain better than I. Help please?

Judith

You do know that it is an extremely toxic plant?
--
Pete C
London UK

I'm not going to eat it sweetie!!!!! Wot bout watering then?????

When my son was born, we were given a brochure listing common house and garden
plants that might poison small children. It's amazing any child survives
childhood.

It rained last night. Now it is stifling hot, windless and a 100% humidity AND
sunny. 22C here ATM. On the beach it is 20C and misty.http://www.noordwijk.info/noordwijk/...ms/livecam.asp
--

Martin

It's also amazing that we parents survive their childhood, I started
turning grey when I had my first child, now that I have grandchildren
I will have to resort to L'Oreal (because I'm worth it).

The older they get the bigger the problems. ((((
--

Martin

Don't I know it, unfortunately we are no longer in charge and can't
tell them what they should do, only advise and then they don't always
listen!!!! Deja vu, I'm sure I just heard my Father's voice saying
that lol

and the old guy I worked with at the time we had our first child who told me "my
kids are 40 and the problems get worse every year". I'm reaching the point where
I would rather not know about their latest problems.
--

Martin

That makes two of us, we bring up our children to be independent
adults, we let them go, I cried when both of our went to University.

I cheered when the first one went naively hoping our problems were over.
I felt like weeping when I saw how awful UK halls of residences were in some UK
Universities. Friends who were in the same hall as my son, but in the 1960s when
the hall was new were certain the curtains and carpets were the same ones as
when they were there. The hall my daughter was in had been a maximum security
mental hospital, Moira Hyndley had resided there. The old buildings had been
demolished but the rubble not removed. The new buildings had so many locks and
chains on the doors that it felt as if it was one of the original buildings.

Now if the phone goes late evening I think please don't let it be
another problem. It's not that they always bring their problems big
or small to us, it's just that if I have a problem, I wouldn't have
worried my late Father with it, I would deal with it myself.

LOL it's what I say over and over again. My daughter is the youngest and so far
has never called us with problems. My son calls every evening with his latest
problem, just when we are starting to eat.
--

Martin

--

[...]

I know what you mean by hall of residences in England. My elder went
to Guy's hospital in London for her training and her residence was in
a new purpose built block, it was fabulous. My younger one had a hall
of residence room that looked as if it should be demolished. She
wouldn't hear of changing it though. I can remember arriving one
weekend, unannounced, as a surprise with a car load of goodies, I
tapped on her door and her very irritated voice said "go away, I've
only been in bed an hour". I tapped again and said "It's Mummy
Darling" There was a silence and then a modest expletive. I soon
realised why, the room that should have been demolished looked as if
it had been, it should have had a health notice on it barring anyone
from entering, the entire contents of her wardrobe lay everywhere,
unwashed!!! I was ordered not to touch a thing! AND to keep on
topic, the plants I had lovingly placed on desk, table and shelves,
were totally dead!!!

Judith

watering question kate Gardening 6 23-04-2006 08:14 PM
watering question Boots Crofoot Lawns 10 11-09-2003 06:42 PM
Watering question Lattés Edible Gardening 7 25-07-2003 06:12 PM
A garden watering question John_john Gardening 3 04-04-2003 11:44 AM
A garden watering question John_john Gardening 0 04-04-2003 11:32 AM