Old 30-07-2008, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Learned something new today

I have two different makes of 'butterfly netting', and I've watched the
little b***'s (probably the 'small whites') squeeze their way even through
the smaller diameter mesh ', certainly not through any gaps - they seem to
be able to fold their wings and squash through. Maybe a case for trading
standards/trade descriptions ?? Just a thought ;)

Ros

Then you need a smaller mesh size. Probably 9mm or less.

Ed

I've searched in vain in every garden centre near me for a smaller mesh and
found nothing smaller than my smallest, which seems to be about 12mm. I do
take issue with the fact that they describe it as butterfly netting though.

Ros
Old 30-07-2008, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ros Butt wrote:
I have two different makes of 'butterfly netting', and I've watched
the little b***'s (probably the 'small whites') squeeze their way
even through the smaller diameter mesh ', certainly not through any
gaps - they seem to be able to fold their wings and squash through.
Maybe a case for trading standards/trade descriptions ?? Just a
thought ;)

Ros

Then you need a smaller mesh size. Probably 9mm or less.

Ed

I've searched in vain in every garden centre near me for a smaller
mesh and found nothing smaller than my smallest, which seems to be
about 12mm. I do take issue with the fact that they describe it as
butterfly netting though.

Ros

Try this for size (excuse the pun)
http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/garden_equip...uct.php?pr=844
ny good?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 31-07-2008, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I've searched in vain in every garden centre near me for a smaller
mesh and found nothing smaller than my smallest, which seems to be
about 12mm. I do take issue with the fact that they describe it as
butterfly netting though.

Ros

Try this for size (excuse the pun)
http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/garden_equip...uct.php?pr=844
ny good?

Thanks Pete, I'll look into this.

Ros

What I learned at the APS meeting: oak wilt Nina Bonsai 0 04-08-2005 01:39 PM
it irrigated, you jumped, yet Rudy never badly learned above the planet Isabelle United Kingdom 0 24-07-2005 01:18 PM
Hard lesson learned :( Chad Ponds 10 08-11-2003 05:02 AM
Lessons learned. Sheepkeeper Orchids 5 31-10-2003 09:02 PM
with all the good stuff I learned on here I rebuilt our old pond bighead Ponds 19 10-06-2003 03:32 PM