Old 27-03-2003, 08:08 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'?

I ordered some 'snowdrops in the green' a few weeks ago and they haven't
arrived yet. as the year progresses I'm wondering whether when they do
arrive they'll have passed their optimum 'green' time for replanting and
I'll be wasting my time and money planting them. Thought? Should I
cancel the order and wait until next year?

--
dave @ stejonda

October 7 Bush Iraq Speech Analysis http://www.accuracy.org/bush/
Old 27-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Mark Allison

Perhaps the supplier is already waiting until next year!

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.allisonmitchell.com

Old 27-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Michael Berridge

dave @ stejonda wrote in message
I ordered some 'snowdrops in the green' a few weeks ago and they

haven't
arrived yet. as the year progresses I'm wondering whether when they do
arrive they'll have passed their optimum 'green' time for replanting

and
I'll be wasting my time and money planting them. Thought? Should I
cancel the order and wait until next year?

I suspect that they are waiting for the flowers to totally die off. In
the Green doesn't necessarily mean in full leaf, the problem is when
bulbs get dried out, so as long as they still have some leaf present
they will be OK

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Chris Hogg

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:28:05 -0000, "Michael Berridge"
wrote:

dave @ stejonda wrote in message
I ordered some 'snowdrops in the green' a few weeks ago and they

haven't
arrived yet. as the year progresses I'm wondering whether when they do
arrive they'll have passed their optimum 'green' time for replanting

and
I'll be wasting my time and money planting them. Thought? Should I
cancel the order and wait until next year?

I suspect that they are waiting for the flowers to totally die off. In
the Green doesn't necessarily mean in full leaf, the problem is when
bulbs get dried out, so as long as they still have some leaf present
they will be OK

Eighteen months ago, we bought a packet of I think 100 (dry) bulbs
from our local Wyvale. Last spring about 30 came up. This spring we've
about 5 left.

Cadged some clumps from my mother two weeks ago, which should do much
better. Should have done that in the first place and saved my money!

--
Chris

Old 01-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Michael Berridge

Chris Hogg wrote in message ...

Cadged some clumps from my mother two weeks ago, which should do much
better. Should have done that in the first place and saved my money!

Some people just can't grow snowdrops, not sure what causes it but in
some gardens they will not grow no matter how they were bought, Saw this
information on one of the gardening programmes.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk