Old 06-08-2008, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Totally Tomatoes

Did we ever discover what had happened to this company which was based in
Devon? I have a faint recollection that they were American originally but
can't recall what happened to the English set up.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-08-2008, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:20:04 +0100, Sacha
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Did we ever discover what had happened to this company which was based in
Devon? I have a faint recollection that they were American originally but
can't recall what happened to the English set up.

Google finds this, don't know if the arrangement is still current:-

Welcome to the UK home of Totally Tomatoes.

In 2003 Totally Tomatoes arranged for their customers outside the USA
to be looked after by Thompson & Morgan. Thompson & Morgan have been
providing gardeners around the World with the very best quality and
range of seeds available since 1855, making them one of the oldest and
most respected seed companies in the world. All of their products are
quality tested and backed by their Customer Guarantee, giving you
complete confidence when purchasing.

Ordering on-line with Thompson & Morgan couldn’t be simpler and they
have one of the largest illustrated catalogues on-line with a wealth
of gardening information. Click here to go to their secure website
www.thompson-morgan.com.

If you would prefer to receive a paper catalogue then click here to
request a catalogue. Alternatively you can call the 24 hour Catalogue
Request Line +44 (0) 1473 695224, quoting reference ITT4, or write to:
Thompson & Morgan (UK) Limited
Poplar Lane
Ipswich
Suffolk
England
IP8 3BU

You can also call our experienced Customer Care Team with any of your
gardening queries on +44 (0) 1473 688821.

For orders sent by post Thompson & Morgan will honour any unused
Totally Tomato vouchers or coupons you hold.

Andrew Tokely
Horticultural Manager
http://www.thompson-morgan.com
Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:39:26 +0100, Sacha
wrote and included this (or some of this):

In 2003 Totally Tomatoes arranged for their customers outside the USA
to be looked after by Thompson & Morgan.

snip

Ah, so that's where it went. Thank you for finding that. They used to be
in Newton Abbot, I think but perhaps it just wasn't commercially viable to
remain as an independent company."

A similar worthy supplier I've used this year is "Plants of
Distinction" (Suffolk)

As greenhouse tomatoes this year from them I am enjoying:-
Ananas Noir Taste
Austin's Red Plum Yield, cooking
Souix Taste and Yield
Santa Taste