Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default chillies

I've not grown chillies before, but now have 3 plants, about 18 inches
high, grown from seeds from a bought chilli.
I have had them on my kitchen window ledge, but the flowers keep
dropping off. I don't think I've under or over watered.
There are now some small fruits forming but near the top of the
plants.
I put them outside about a week ago, and the next morning found a
biggish slug half way up a stem, so I brought them in again, minus
slug!

What do others do? I know there was a long discussion about chillies
a year or so ago but I passed it over, not being interested at that
point.
Are they better outside with the slugs or on the window ledge until
colder weather?

Are they self-fertile or do they need insects to pollinate?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Chillies Not Flowering Sarah Dale United Kingdom 3 16-08-2003 12:33 AM
Chillies Kieron United Kingdom 7 27-07-2003 07:03 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors sprocket United Kingdom 25 19-04-2003 05:44 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 10:18 AM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Gardening 2 24-02-2003 10:17 AM