Old 18-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Registered User

Question Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)

Photo 4951
Photo 4962
Photo 4971
Photo 4981
Attached Thumbnails
Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4951.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4962.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4971.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4981.jpg
Old 18-08-2008, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Please help me to identify these plants (1/4)

Hibiscus writes

Photo 4296

Mile-a-minute vine, Russian Vine, Polygonatum baldschianum (or something
- from memory, don't have time to look it up)

Photo 4330
Photo 4484

One of the cultivated Convolvuluses

Photo 4901

Thanks!

Kay
Old 18-08-2008, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Hibiscus
writes

Photo 4296
Photo 4330
Photo 4484
Photo 4901

Thanks!

You've beaten me this time.

|Filename: DSCN4296.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9995|

I'm not convinced, but it might be Russian Vine (Fallopia baldschuanica)

|Filename: DSCN4330.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9996|

Something in Ranunculaceae.

|Filename: DSCN4484.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9997|

Checking against my files, that looks like Field Bindweed (Convolvulus
arvensis).

|Filename: DSCN4901.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9998|

Rudbeckia.

Hibiscus

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 18-08-2008, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9997|

Checking against my files, that looks like Field Bindweed (Convolvulus
arvensis).

Wrong leaves, surely?
Think it's the one Sacha had in a pot at her old house
--
Kay
Old 18-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus View Post
Photo 4951
Photo 4962
Photo 4971
Photo 4981
Hi,

Nice photo's by the way, they look good enough for a flower/gardening book.

Photo 4951 - Amaranthus (Annual)
Photo 4962 - Rubeckia (Perenial?)
Photo 4971 - Couldn't find this one. I think it is a South African Flower.
Photo 4981 - Coreopsis (Annual)

James Middleton
http://www.theallotmentgarden.co.uk

Old 18-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus View Post
Photo 4951 ? Celosia
Photo 4962 probably a Rudbeckia
Photo 4971 Cleome
Photo 4981 possibly a Coreopsis

Again - more of the plant would help.
Old 19-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
Again - more of the plant would help.
Thank you all!
Attached more pics in he

4951 = 4952 & 4957

4962 = 4964 & 4968

4981 = 4979 & 4980
Attached Thumbnails
Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4952.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4957.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4964.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4968.jpg   Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4979.jpg

Please help me to identify these plants (4/4)-dscn4980.jpg
Old 19-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscus View Post
Thank you all!
Attached more pics in he

4951 = 4952 & 4957

4962 = 4964 & 4968

4981 = 4979 & 4980

4981 is definitely a coreopsis, but which variety I wouldn't know. You would have to check the seed catalogues.
Old 19-08-2008, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Sacha writes
On 18/8/08 11:13, in article , "K"
wrote:

Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9997|

Checking against my files, that looks like Field Bindweed (Convolvulus
arvensis).

Wrong leaves, surely?
Think it's the one Sacha had in a pot at her old house

I can only remember having C. cneorum

Cneorum was what i was thinking of

and possibly C. mauritanicus (now C
sabaticus, I think - sigh......). Do you recall where, Kay? I haven't
lived there for 9 years so your memory is a lot better than mine, I must
say!

Probably not! I just like convolvulus in all forms, the looks, and
especially the scent of the little pink one that grows wild in the UK.

Stand with your back to the front door of your old house. There's a sort
of dividing line half way to the road, with lawn the far side and path
and plants to the house side. A bit to your right on the near side of
the dividing line is a small pot about 18 inches high with a convolvulus
in it.

And now you'll tell me this is nothing like your garden! ;-)

To me this looks a bit like one that we see growing wild round here
sometimes. Are those its leaves because they look as if they belong to
something else!

Yes, I think they are, and I think they are the leaves of C cneorum

--
Kay

Old 19-08-2008, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/8/08 12:03, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 18/8/08 11:13, in article
, "K"
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like my old garden but I don't remember a pot of convolvulus, I must
admit! What a fantastic memory you've got!

To me this looks a bit like one that we see growing wild round here
sometimes. Are those its leaves because they look as if they belong to
something else!

Yes, I think they are, and I think they are the leaves of C cneorum

I'll have to go and have an explore.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-08-2008, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 19 Aug, 16:12, Sacha wrote:
On 19/8/08 12:03, in article , "K"

wrote:
Sacha writes
On 18/8/08 11:13, in article , "K"
wrote:

[...]

South Devon- Hide quoted text -

My 4penny worth
Ist Russian Vine
2nd Weston wild clematis (Looks like petals hiding underneath)
3rd. Field Bindweed or as I used to know it Gravel bind
4th Rudbeckia

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries