Old 21-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered User

Default Carphalea Kirondron

Any people interested on this plant?
Quite a nice plant indeed.
Old 22-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentboo View Post
Any people interested on this plant?
Quite a nice plant indeed.
http://www.jaycjayc.com/carphalea-kirondron/
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is rather larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it catching on in Britain.
Old 22-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
http://www.jaycjayc.com/carphalea-kirondron/
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is rather larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it catching on in Britain.
Ya, any people have any other opinion on this plant? If this plant is selling in Britain. Will u all buy?
Old 22-08-2008, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Vincentboo writes

echinosum;811696 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/5qzual
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is rather
larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it
catching on in Britain.

Ya, any people have any other opinion on this plant? If this plant is
selling in Britain. Will u all buy?

It's an attractive plant. But at 4ft high at least, needing greenhouse
or indoor culture, and prone to whitefly, it's just not practical.

--
Kay
Old 23-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
Vincentboo writes

echinosum;811696 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/5qzual
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is rather
larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it
catching on in Britain.

Ya, any people have any other opinion on this plant? If this plant is
selling in Britain. Will u all buy?

It's an attractive plant. But at 4ft high at least, needing greenhouse
or indoor culture, and prone to whitefly, it's just not practical.

--
Kay
May I know what your mean for at least 4ft high?
Because I think around 1ft more it will start blomming already.

Old 23-08-2008, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Vincentboo" wrote in message

echinosum;811696 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/5qzual
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is rather
larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it
catching on in Britain.

Ya, any people have any other opinion on this plant? If this plant is
selling in Britain. Will u all buy?

If you can't eat it I don't want to know.

Mary

Old 23-08-2008, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Vincentboo writes

K;811959 Wrote:
Vincentboo writes-

http://tinyurl.com/5qzual

-
It's an attractive plant. But at 4ft high at least, needing greenhouse

or indoor culture, and prone to whitefly, it's just not practical.-

May I know what your mean for at least 4ft high?
Because I think around 1ft more it will start blomming already.

I was taking the heights quoted in the article you linked to.
--
Kay
Old 28-08-2008, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

K;812161 Wrote:
Vincentboo
writes-

K;811959 Wrote:-
Vincentboo
writes-

echinosum;811696 Wrote:-
http://tinyurl.com/5qzual
A tropical plant that needs high light intensity to succeed, is-
rather-
larger than most houseplants, and is prone to aphids. I can't see it
catching on in Britain.-

Ya, any people have any other opinion on this plant? If this plant is
selling in Britain. Will u all buy?
-
It's an attractive plant. But at 4ft high at least, needing
greenhouse-
-
or indoor culture, and prone to whitefly, it's just not practical.-
-

May I know what your mean for at least 4ft high?
Because I think around 1ft more it will start blomming already.-

I was taking the heights quoted in the article you linked to.
--
Kay

Actually I have this small tissue culture plant, I want to know how is
the market in UK actually. Will u all think this plant will be popular
if sell in UK?

No its too tender
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 28-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
Vincentboo writes

K;811959 Wrote:
Vincentboo
writes-

http://tinyurl.com/5qzual

Old 28-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentboo View Post
Actually I have this small tissue culture plant, I want to know how is the market in UK actually. Will u all think this plant will be popular if sell in UK?
Because we know that so many other similar tropical flowering plants cannot be grown in this country, not even as house plants (except in botanical collections where they have tropical houses to recreate the necessary conditions) our natural instinct is to think it will be a waste of time even to try a plant like this. Most tropical plants that are commonly sold as houseplants in Britain are forest understorey plants whose natural light levels are low, or are grown for foliage only.

So you have to prove that it can be grown and flower well here first before people will pay any money for one. Perhaps you could offer one for free to someone who is willing to try it (sorry, not me). Then you'd have a track record, and would be able to offer it.

People living in frost-free areas of southern/coastal Spain, Portugal and Italy might be more interested. They have higher light levels, and can grow a lot of tropical plants. But not all of them.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Vincentboo" wrote in message

Any people interested on this plant?
Quite a nice plant indeed.

Certainly looks very attractive, not sure how well it would do in UK, even
in a conservatory.

s.