Old 23-08-2008, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default dont scrap that green house

my f-in-l has just passed away and had an 8' x 6' greenhouse in the garden.

I could not mess dismantling and selling it but mentioned to a few
neighbours I was going to scrap it........would you believe it I got rid in
2 days. One neighbour removed all the glass and his son came with a trailer
and we put it on complete...........then he looked at all the garden tools,
bench, water butts and bits and pieces I was going to take to the amenity
tip and loads them on as well. Saving me yet another tip run. He even took a
snow shovel and 3 marrows.

It sometimes pays to own a green house.........

Old 23-08-2008, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"tpow" wrote in message
my f-in-l has just passed away and had an 8' x 6' greenhouse in the
garden.

I could not mess dismantling and selling it but mentioned to a few
neighbours I was going to scrap it........would you believe it I got rid
in 2 days. One neighbour removed all the glass and his son came with a
trailer and we put it on complete...........then he looked at all the
garden tools, bench, water butts and bits and pieces I was going to take
to the amenity tip and loads them on as well. Saving me yet another tip
run. He even took a snow shovel and 3 marrows.

It sometimes pays to own a green house.........

That's how we got ours. Another Lodge member was at the traffic lights and
he yelled out 'Do you know anyone who wants a greenhouse?' "Yes we do"

Word of mouth :-)

Old 23-08-2008, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"tpow" wrote in message
my f-in-l has just passed away and had an 8' x 6' greenhouse in the
garden.

I could not mess dismantling and selling it but mentioned to a few
neighbours I was going to scrap it........would you believe it I got rid
in 2 days. One neighbour removed all the glass and his son came with a
trailer and we put it on complete...........then he looked at all the
garden tools, bench, water butts and bits and pieces I was going to take
to the amenity tip and loads them on as well. Saving me yet another tip
run. He even took a snow shovel and 3 marrows.

It sometimes pays to own a green house.........

They go quickly on freecycle too. That's where we got ours. Having a pick-up
the frame fitted on the back of in one piece helps of course.

Steve