Old 29-08-2008, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Two in a row

Bugger! My tomatoes have also fallen to blight. Hardly surprising as I've
been getting alert after alert from Bligh****ch recently. Oh well, looking
forward to next year.

So, I'm not going organic next year. Sorry. What should I spray the crap out
of my tomatoes and spuds with next year whenever there's a full smith
period? Which pesticide is the best, have you found?

Old 29-08-2008, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Crundy" wrote
Bugger! My tomatoes have also fallen to blight. Hardly surprising as I've
been getting alert after alert from Bligh****ch recently. Oh well, looking
forward to next year.

So, I'm not going organic next year. Sorry. What should I spray the crap
out of my tomatoes and spuds with next year whenever there's a full smith
period? Which pesticide is the best, have you found?

Our outside Toms are still OK and producing an excellent crop.
Did plant half the row with blight resistant Fantasio but the rest are not
resistant so as insurance I have sprayed them all with Bordeaux Mixture to
ward off the blight. It will not cure a plant already infected but will stop
it happening in the first place.
Be difficult to spray potatoes though.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-08-2008, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Crundy" wrote in message
et...
Bugger! My tomatoes have also fallen to blight. Hardly surprising as I've
been getting alert after alert from Bligh****ch recently. Oh well, looking
forward to next year.

So, I'm not going organic next year. Sorry. What should I spray the crap
out of my tomatoes and spuds with next year whenever there's a full smith
period? Which pesticide is the best, have you found?

No spray available to the amateur is worth bothering with. Grow earlies and
blight resistant varieties of potatoes. Tomatoes will continue producing for
a good while even with blight, in a greenhouse. Stay organic, it is not the
deciding factor with blight

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 31-08-2008, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Aug, 13:25, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote:
"Crundy" wrote in message

et... Bugger! My tomatoes have also fallen to blight. Hardly surprising as I've
been getting alert after alert from Bligh****ch recently. Oh well, looking
forward to next year.

So, I'm not going organic next year. Sorry. What should I spray the crap
out of my tomatoes and spuds with next year whenever there's a full smith
period? Which pesticide is the best, have you found?

No spray available to the amateur is worth bothering with. Grow earlies and
blight resistant varieties of potatoes. Tomatoes will continue producing for
a good while even with blight, in a greenhouse. Stay organic, it is not the
deciding factor with blight

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Associationwww.rraa.moonfruit.com
Feed the soil, save the planet

My early potatoes did really well and I still have a few in the
ground, however I planted some late crop Maris Peer in July, the
foliage was a very healthy foot or so tall, before it all very rapidly
turned black and died back completely to ground level, would that be
blight ? How disappointing was that !! :-(
Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
"Crundy" wrote in message

[...]

Very disappointing, could be blight of course but there are so many potato
diseases which are more prevalent because of the bad weather and I wouldn't
like to say for sure

Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Sep, 08:19, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote:
wrote in message

On 30 Aug, 13:25, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
wrote:
"Crundy" wrote in message

snet... Bugger! My
[...]

like to say for sure- Hide quoted text -

Yes, the weather's been far from ideal, but no complaints really,
carrot fly and late spuds apart, it's been a good first season on my
veg plot, even managed to grow a few decent cauli's at the first
attempt. :-))))