Old 05-09-2008, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New insecticide

Browsing through my garden centre a week ago (I've had news server problems
since the weekend, hence the delay) I was amazed to find a new insecticide
available called "Axoris".

It contained, in the ready-to-use spray, thiomethoxam and abamectine. What
was interesting was that it claimed to be active against red spider mite
(that's what the abamectine is for). Next to it on the shelf was a packet
of Axoris, containing sachets for dispersal in water. As these are usually
better value for money than ready-to-use sprays, I picked one up for
purchase.

However, despite the almost identical packaging, I could find no evidence of
abamectine being included, and, looking closely at the carton, there was no
mention of it treating red spider! No sale...

So, as usual, caveat emptor! I can't see the sense of making almost
identical products which don't do the same things. But it's good to have
something new which could tackle red spider.

--

Jeff