Old 08-09-2008, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default O T Resizing Pictures

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.
You just have to save back the smaller size pics back to your computer
and then you can send them or do whatever needs to be done. They get
resized with some weird number letter combos so you can rename them
before you save to your computer.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:54:06 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.
You just have to save back the smaller size pics back to your computer
and then you can send them or do whatever needs to be done. They get
resized with some weird number letter combos so you can rename them
before you save to your computer.

Picassa 2 has the same function with a slide bar to adjust the size.
--

Martin

I use Microsoft's own, you just right click a picture or pictures and tell
it what size you want
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Old 08-09-2008, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/9/08 09:54, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.
You just have to save back the smaller size pics back to your computer
and then you can send them or do whatever needs to be done. They get
resized with some weird number letter combos so you can rename them
before you save to your computer.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

There's a similar thing called Image Well for Macs - maybe for pcs too but I
don't know about that!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 08-09-2008, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, with a bunch of easy resize
options, and even a batch resize/rename mode for doing all the pictures I
just transferred from the digital camera. Free; donations accepted.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/9/08 17:29, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 16:45:48 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 8/9/08 09:54, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.
You just have to save back the smaller size pics back to your computer
and then you can send them or do whatever needs to be done. They get
resized with some weird number letter combos so you can rename them
before you save to your computer.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

There's a similar thing called Image Well for Macs - maybe for pcs too but I
don't know about that!

There are lots for PCs.

No I meant I didn't know if Image Well could be used on Macs - sorry, I
wasn't clear.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Dave Hill contains these words:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.
You just have to save back the smaller size pics back to your computer
and then you can send them or do whatever needs to be done. They get
resized with some weird number letter combos so you can rename them
before you save to your computer.

Get a small program called Irfanview from most coverdiscs. You can
resize, adjust colours, brightness, information density, etc.

You can take a 30,000 KB bitmap and reduce it to (say) 90 KB jpeg
without losing any visible detail on the screen.

If you can't find a copy, I'll send you one.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:54:06 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill wrote:

This is a MUST HAVE site, so easy to resize pics to send or attach.

It really seems to work well and no fees or registration is required.

Why would one want to use a website for this when there are many free
utilities about that enable you to do it much faster on your own PC?

Aside from using your bandwidth there are privacy issues, they may say
they won't use your images but how do you know that they won't or glean
information from them?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 8 Sep, 21:20, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
[...]

I use Irfanview as well but http://www.resize2mail.com is idiot proof,
If you ant to get really keen and really play with your Pics then have
a look at another free site
Paint.NET
FREE photo and imaging tool
Many features: multiple-image support, layering, unlimited undo, and
plenty of filters
(easier to use than PSP & Photoshop and FREE)
Version 3.31 released 5/1/08

From the PC World download page 6/30/08:
License Type: Free
Price: Free
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista
Requirements: 500 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 1024 x 768 resolution,
200MB hard drive space, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
File Size: 1542KB
Author: Rick Brewster

Get it at
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html
-- Or --
go to the author's website at
http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html
(be sure to only click the link for Paint.NET and do NOT click the
link for a "Beta" version)

David Hill

Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:56:17 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, snip Free; donations accepted.

I just looked it up. Now there's a charge of £9 (3 years) or. or
£9.99 (1 year). Can see no link for a free trial.

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, snip Free; donations accepted.

I just looked it up. Now there's a charge of £9 (3 years) or. or
£9.99 (1 year). Can see no link for a free trial.

Sorry, just found a free download!

Pam in Bristol

Old 09-09-2008, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, snip Free; donations accepted.

I just looked it up. Now there's a charge of £9 (3 years) or. or
£9.99 (1 year). Can see no link for a free trial.

Sorry, just found a free download!

Pam in Bristol

I'd have a look at Picasa as well. You may find it more intuitive
Old 09-09-2008, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:

Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, snip *Free; donations accepted.
I just looked it up. *Now there's a charge of £9 (3 years) or. or
£9.99 (1 year). *Can see no link for a free trial. *

Sorry, just found a free download!

Pam in Bristol

I'd have a look at Picasa as well. You may find it more intuitive

Picasa is another branch of google.
If you are afraid of Big Brother knowing all about you then look at
Google and be worried, be very worried.
They hold more information on their users than any government ever
will, and their domain is growing.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Also, Irfanview- excellent image viewer, snip Free; donations accepted.
I just looked it up. Now there's a charge of £9 (3 years) or. or
£9.99 (1 year). Can see no link for a free trial.
Sorry, just found a free download!
Pam in Bristol

I'd have a look at Picasa as well. You may find it more intuitive

Picasa is another branch of google.
If you are afraid of Big Brother knowing all about you then look at
Google and be worried, be very worried.
They hold more information on their users than any government ever
will, and their domain is growing.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

I don't have any secrets, and it is a damned fine piece of software.