Old 15-09-2008, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default dismantling greenhouse what to do with it?

In article , Sacha
writes

Back to the idea of Cat's wine. Put it outside the gate in a box saying
"free to a good home". If you have a pile of old newspapers placed beside
it so people can wrap it too, so much the better. I did something similar
with unwanted cartridges of ink for a defunct printer. They disappeared
pretty quickly!

Not so sure about 6' x 3 foot panes of glass
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 15-09-2008, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

What a shame you don't live closer to each other! I suppose Janet, you've
thought of ringing a glazing company just in case they can advise you?

There ought to be a service like Avis uses (used to use?) where you hire
a car and hand it back near your destination. Take you glass to Bloggs
Glazing and Mary pays a small charge for drawing similar from Smashby
Glass oop by tripe mine.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-09-2008, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Not so sure about 6' x 3 foot panes of glass

They are probebly "Dutch lights" which is a standard size and its not
cheap as I have just had to replace some! however its also not easy to
move any great distance

What a shame you don't live closer to each other! I suppose Janet, you've
thought of ringing a glazing company just in case they can advise you?

Well I did crack one pane in the end but it's all now out and the frame
dismantled.

I've got to get it down the tip but I think it will be several trips
just in case!

Best thing I ever bought for the gardening is a pair of welders gloves,
they have been brilliant at handling the glass plus the hedge trimmings
and any other prickly job!
Thoroughly recommended....

For the glass, i need to get it all out of the way as i now have to lift
those foundation stone things and get the ground level before the new
one is delivered!!

Lots of wood for starting our fire now!

Janet

Old 15-09-2008, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Sacha
writes

Back to the idea of Cat's wine. Put it outside the gate in a box saying
"free to a good home". If you have a pile of old newspapers placed beside
it so people can wrap it too, so much the better. I did something similar
with unwanted cartridges of ink for a defunct printer. They disappeared
pretty quickly!

Not so sure about 6' x 3 foot panes of glass

Eeeeeeeek!

Just what I need for *MY* greenhouse!

If I get a really long, thick piece of elastic and tie one end to my
shed, then trail it out of the bus to Amersham, attach it to the
greenhouse...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-09-2008, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes

Eeeeeeeek!

Just what I need for *MY* greenhouse!

If I get a really long, thick piece of elastic and tie one end to my
shed, then trail it out of the bus to Amersham, attach it to the
greenhouse...

I'd bring it if it wasn't quite so far Rusty, i do hate discarding
things if someone else can make use of them.
I even put my dahlias out on the end of the drive for free as i don't
like cut flowers and i need to 'encourage' the plants to bloom for the
show.

I bet anything that someone will say that the glass is just what they
wanted, about 5 minutes after i have taken the last pane down the tip

Janet
Old 16-09-2008, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

I'd bring it if it wasn't quite so far Rusty, i do hate discarding
things if someone else can make use of them.

S'OK - I wasn't angling for such a service: it just makes me weep at the
thought of it being dumped.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Alton Greenhouse dismantling advice Tractorboy United Kingdom 15 05-06-2011 04:44 PM
Green House dismantling mark United Kingdom 19 07-09-2009 12:57 PM
Dismantling old greenhouse. Where to start? JBB United Kingdom 7 03-06-2004 02:05 AM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM