Old 19-10-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sadly missed seed caralogues

I cannot be alone in abhorring the current "seed" catalogues. Big glossy
things with more flowers, plants and equipment than seeds. Oh for the
old just seed catalogues, sigh. Sign of being old I suppose!
Old 19-10-2008, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
wrote
I cannot be alone in abhorring the current "seed" catalogues. Big
glossy things with more flowers, plants and equipment than seeds. Oh
for the old just seed catalogues, sigh. Sign of being old I suppose!

What about all the freebee gifts that if the advertising is to be
believed are worth more than your order but in reality are some plastic
c**p made in China that will go straight into the bin.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old 19-10-2008, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:

I cannot be alone in abhorring the current "seed" catalogues. Big glossy
things with more flowers, plants and equipment than seeds. Oh for the
old just seed catalogues, sigh. Sign of being old I suppose!

In the U.S. we have Fedco, which is a cooperative. Rather plain catalog on
cheap paper, black and white line drawings (If any). Oh, and absolute
marvels in every seed category. I hope there's an analog in the U.K. I
know the Seed Saver's Exchange, though U.S. based, has many members across
the various ponds, and a yearbook of offerings that always ignites the "Kid
in the Candy Store" syndrome.

Old 20-10-2008, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/10/08 19:06, in article , "Malcolm"
wrote:

In article , Broadback
writes
I cannot be alone in abhorring the current "seed" catalogues. Big
glossy things with more flowers, plants and equipment than seeds. Oh
for the old just seed catalogues, sigh. Sign of being old I suppose!

I wouldn't put the Organic Gardening Catalogue into that category.

This one? http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-10-2008, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
(Broadback) wrote:

I cannot be alone in abhorring the current "seed" catalogues. Big
glossy things with more flowers, plants and equipment than seeds

Sir should get a catalogue from these people:

http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/