Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered User

Yes you can - www.nationalarchives.gov.uk - altho it's not the easiest site to navigate.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default PING 'someone' - ANZAC father OT

"someone" wrote in message

My dad was in the ANZAC forces during WWI, would you know if they have a
similar site? I'd love to find out more about where his division went.

I notice you haven't yet asked about your father in the
soc.genealogy.auntralia+nz newsgroups so here is some further information
that may possibly help, but I'm no expert in this area.

Can't help you at all if your father was a Kiwi, but if your father was an
in the AIF, then you can arrange to see his service records online at the
Australian Archives, see:
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/exp.../army-wwi.aspx

Another place to check is the Australian War Memorial which has excellent
searchable databases as well as a lot of other useful info:
http://www.awm.gov.au/database/