Old 26-12-2008, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Christmas Spirit

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
Gopher wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson writes
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:

We make allowances for "christmas spirit"! ;-)

Ooh, you give malt allowances?

Depends on your preference. We currently have Linkwood,
Aberlour, Bowmore, Laphroaig, and chill-filtered Highland Park.
There might even be some Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain
hiding in a corner somewhere...

If your taste is for Glenmorangie, or Glenfiddich, you won't
find it at this address. ;-)
I can't afford a decent malt these days, but when I could, it was
Glenfarclas. Of those you mention, I only know Laphroaig.

Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, and Laphroaig are
all Islay malts. From Speyside comes Aberlour and (since it's
made in Elgin) I suppose Linkwood is also technically "Speyside",
but I wouldn't argue about it. Highland Park comes from Orkney.

I was 'taught' to drink whisky one night, passing through, in Glasgow.
An hotel bar.....the longest I've ever seen with more optics than I could
count!

I shop for our "supplies" in Fife. There's a wee shop in Cupar,
with an amazing selection. I'll see what they have, that might
suit you, next week. I'm owe you a favour, after all! The parcel
arrived safely, and in time for the "grand opening"! ;-)

And don't forget the wonderful Lagavulin ... also from Islay. As am I
.... and am afraid to confess in public that I prefer Orkney's produce.
Oh the shame! I daren't tell my mother :-))

Ochone! The shame... ;-0

I must admit that Bill is the whisky drinker. I can't drink it without
wanting
to take on the world. No doubt it was that characteristic which made the
highlanders sic bonnie fechters? He prefers the Islay whiskies which
start with a "B", but wouldn't refuse Lagavulin if offered. He finds
Laphroaig
a little on the "peaty" side, though... Definitely an acquired taste!

Ochone, ochone indeed!

But I also agree with Bill on Laphraoig. It's a very chewy beast but
the taste is worth acquiring (normally at no little cost).
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 26-12-2008, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"Pete C" wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:

snippy

I shop for our "supplies" in Fife. There's a wee shop in Cupar,
with an amazing selection. I'll see what they have, that might
suit you, next week. I'm owe you a favour, after all! The parcel
arrived safely, and in time for the "grand opening"! ;-)

No favour owing Anne.........the copper was a fair exchange
Just been given a bottle of Glen Moray. I may be away a while
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 26-12-2008, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"Pete C" wrote:
Kate Morgan wrote:
has you all got the Christmas Spirit thing and am I the only one
who is without :-)

Well am spiritless atm, but got my Xmas bonus today, so may well be
remedied tomorrow..........come on over

Are there other companies that pay christmas bonuses? I thought
I was the only one left... ;-)

Beleive me, I was surprised given the current financial climate. Firm has
been struggling. Our 3 directors are decent people, and happily muck in on
the factory floor to get a job out on time.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 26-12-2008, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Gopher writes

And don't forget the wonderful Lagavulin ... also from Islay. As am I

Do you still live on Islay?

--
Kay
Old 26-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered User

Anyone who can afford single malts in
these straightened financial times is
doing OK.

Old 26-12-2008, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , K
writes
Gopher writes

And don't forget the wonderful Lagavulin ... also from Islay. As am I

Do you still live on Islay?

No .... the vocational call for missionary work among the primitive
savages of the south proved too strong to resist. But I go back as often
as possible.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 27-12-2008, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Conroy
writes

Anyone who can afford single malts in
these straightened financial times is
doing OK.

I can afford them, because I don't drink them.
;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 28-12-2008, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
Gordon H wrote:
Janet Conroy writes

Anyone who can afford single malts in
these straightened financial times is
doing OK.

I can afford them, because I don't drink them.
;-)

You use them as ornaments, then? ;-)

I don't drink them either, I just buy them!

I'm out of single malts, the last bottle of Highland Park must have been
finished by someone who could tell the difference.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply