Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's snowing!

Finally, it started around lunchtime today and has been snowing in fits and
starts ever since. At present the sky is clearing but as the temperature
drops, who knows what tonight will bring! If it's snowed overnight I'm
determined to have some photos of the house from the bottom of the garden
before there are dirty great footprints all over the lawn! The greenhouses
are snugged down for the night and the sun is going down in flames. It all
looks very pretty but my golly, it's cold! It went only to -2C last night
but the wind made it seem much colder. I'm so glad we still have wooden
fascia boards and eaves etc. so the birds have somewhere to tuck in!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com