Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's blowing!

In message , Sacha
writes
On 10/2/09 17:03, in article , "Klara"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 10/2/09 13:01, in article
, "Klara"
wrote:
snip
Must put my hand up: we must be the cause of all this! After much
deliberation we decided we had to have a new roof: the roofers arrived
three weeks ago, and with them the first torrential rain (three weeks'
worth in an hour). Once they got all the tiles off it began to snow.
Lots of snow. Then wind. Then rain, and more rain, and gales shaking the
scaffolding, and a depressing forecast....

But all credit to the roofers, we've been quite warm under the plastic
they've had in place. The front garden and drive, on the other hand, may
never be the same, what with the lorries, skips, etc. in the mud and
snow.

Er, could you hurry them up a bit? ;-))

They've been having quite a few duvet days, I'm afraid: but I've added a
whip to the tea and biscuits!

I think you should withdraw all rations and chain them to the rafters! I
remember builders eating me out of house home, and Hobnobs - you have my
sympathy!

Hobnobs, precisely! And the younger ones can barely waddle up the
ladder! But give them their due, not one seems to smoke, at least! Or at
least not where I can see them....

--
Klara, SE Surrey