Old 22-02-2009, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lovely weather for......?

One of my neighbours was mowing his lawn this morning - a tad
premature I would suggest. Although he often asks for gardening advice
he rarely takes any notice. So I lit a bonfire, with the breeze
blowing in his direction, to encourage him to abandon this noisy
exercise and go back indoors and watch Countryfile. It worked!
Old 22-02-2009, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"moghouse" wrote:
One of my neighbours was mowing his lawn this morning - a tad
premature I would suggest. Although he often asks for gardening advice
he rarely takes any notice. So I lit a bonfire, with the breeze
blowing in his direction, to encourage him to abandon this noisy
exercise and go back indoors and watch Countryfile. It worked!

---
Yesterday I was talking to guy who had just bought some new gardening
equipment. He asked me if I was aware that an anagram of Garden is Danger.
I wasn't.

MD.

Old 22-02-2009, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 22, 2:38*pm, "Mike Derby"
wrote:

Yesterday I was talking to guy who had just bought some new gardening
equipment. He asked me if I was aware that an anagram of Garden is Danger..
I wasn't.

Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.
Old 22-02-2009, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

moghouse wrote:

Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

Old 22-02-2009, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

I tried to make 'rhubarb gun' out of that, without success

Old 22-02-2009, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

I tried to make 'rhubarb gun' out of that, without success

Well, obviously. You should have tried to make a mangonel - that's
much easier to do, starting with one of those.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-02-2009, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 22, 6:27*pm, Gary Woods wrote:
moghouse wrote:
Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

Well we all remember how dodgy it got when Dennis Moore the Highwayman
came after our lupins.
Old 23-02-2009, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:
moghouse wrote:

Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

Sprinkle it with ground black pepper and repeatedly hit it with the flat
end of a spud-masher.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 23-02-2009, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from moghouse contains these words:
moghouse wrote:
Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

Well we all remember how dodgy it got when Dennis Moore the Highwayman
came after our lupins.

As a matter of interest, what came before them? And did they Russell?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 23-02-2009, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 23, 9:59*am, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:

Well we all remember how dodgy it got when Dennis Moore the Highwayman
came after our lupins.

As a matter of interest, what came before them? And did they Russell?

oooh, I don't know....we just stood and delivered!
Old 23-02-2009, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:59:53 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

moghouse wrote:

Wow, that makes it an even better hobby! I feel really macho now.

How to defend yourself if you are attacked by an assailant with ....

a Rutabaga!

Well we all remember how dodgy it got when Dennis Moore the Highwayman
came after our lupins.

As a matter of interest, what came before them? And did they Russell?

First Russel of spring?

That's a real loop in time...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 23-02-2009, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Derby" wrote in message

"moghouse" wrote:
One of my neighbours was mowing his lawn this morning - a tad
premature I would suggest. Although he often asks for gardening advice
he rarely takes any notice. So I lit a bonfire, with the breeze
blowing in his direction, to encourage him to abandon this noisy
exercise and go back indoors and watch Countryfile. It worked!

One of my lawns needed mowing this weekend .. the other didn't .. so I put
it off, but I'll probably have to do it next weekend. (NB: I'm in SE
London). However, when I do it, I shan't be put off, but I use a push
mower, which isn't quite as intrusive.

---
Yesterday I was talking to guy who had just bought some new gardening
equipment. He asked me if I was aware that an anagram of Garden is Danger.
I wasn't.

MD.

Known that one for ages!, but then I do the Times Xword when my brain's
working :~)

Spider