Old 26-02-2009, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha Hubbard

Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Old 26-02-2009, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

Old 26-02-2009, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Keith wrote:
James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

She might not own it but she is a very kind and helpful poster

I rarely post, but I do read and I am very grateful to all the helpful
posters here, Sacha included.

Old 26-02-2009, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:19:33 -0000, "Ophelia" wrote:

Keith wrote:
James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

She might not own it but she is a very kind and helpful poster

I rarely post, but I do read and I am very grateful to all the helpful
posters here, Sacha included.

Is a valid address of yours? If not, I'd change it before
someone reports you to individual.net.

From individual.net:

http://www.individual.net/rules.php
Sender Address
The e-mail addresses given in "From:", "Reply-To:", and "Sender:" should be
valid (= should not bounce because of invalidity). Using addresses and name
space of other people without their permission is prohibited.

Old 26-02-2009, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Keith wrote:
James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

She might not own it but she is a very kind and helpful poster

I rarely post, but I do read and I am very grateful to all the
helpful posters here, Sacha included.

Is a valid address of yours? If not, I'd change it
before someone reports you to individual.net.

From individual.net:

http://www.individual.net/rules.php
Sender Address
The e-mail addresses given in "From:", "Reply-To:", and "Sender:"
should be valid (= should not bounce because of invalidity). Using
addresses and name space of other people without their permission is
prohibited.

I take it you didn't like me objecting to your nasty post about Sacha
Hubbard?

Old 26-02-2009, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Keith wrote:
James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

She might not own it but she is a very kind and helpful poster

I rarely post, but I do read and I am very grateful to all the
helpful posters here, Sacha included.

Is a valid address of yours? If not, I'd change it
before someone reports you to individual.net.

From individual.net:

http://www.individual.net/rules.php
Sender Address
The e-mail addresses given in "From:", "Reply-To:", and "Sender:"
should be valid (= should not bounce because of invalidity). Using
addresses and name space of other people without their permission is
prohibited.

I take it you didn't like me objecting to your nasty post about Sacha
Hubbard?

Which nasty post was that? Is that address valid or not?

Old 26-02-2009, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ophelia wrote:
Keith wrote:
James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

Hope not !!!

She might not own it but she is a very kind and helpful poster

Indeed she is.

I rarely post, but I do read and I am very grateful to all the helpful
posters here, Sacha included.

Likewise.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 26-02-2009, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:17:52 +0000, James P wrote:

Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

That sounds the sort of leading question a troll would ask, since you
will already know the answer.
There are several very frequent posters on this group who give up a
lot of their own time to help less knowledgeable gardeners. Sacha is
one of those highly respected people. I am one of the many grateful
beneficiaries of their advice I and hope that they all, including
Sacha, will continue to post frequently.

Now that I have answered your question, what positive contribution are
YOU prepared to offer to this NG?

Old 26-02-2009, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/2/09 21:31, in article ,
"Fuschia" wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:17:52 +0000, James P wrote:

Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

That sounds the sort of leading question a troll would ask, since you
will already know the answer.
There are several very frequent posters on this group who give up a
lot of their own time to help less knowledgeable gardeners. Sacha is
one of those highly respected people. I am one of the many grateful
beneficiaries of their advice I and hope that they all, including
Sacha, will continue to post frequently.

Now that I have answered your question, what positive contribution are
YOU prepared to offer to this NG?

Is this where I blush? Thank you for those kind remarks. There are a lot
of very helpful posters here and I'm flattered to be included among them on
this one occasion and feel that I must add that some of this advice comes
from my husband who knows a lot more than I do. I try always to remember to
credit him when he's stepped in.
I just think we need to look at the recent interchange from the disgruntled
to see who's led to this. ;-(
One of the many things I like about urg is that *everyone* has something to
contribute, from the rank beginner who's just bought their first spade, to
the donkey's years old professional. To me, that's urg's great strength
- the opportunity for all of us to learn from each other. All my gardening
has been done in the south west of Britain. I learn a lot from those
gardening elsewhere and I'm grateful for it.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 27-02-2009, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

What makes you ask that?

Old 27-02-2009, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 26, 7:17*pm, James P wrote:
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

I wonder how long before a plant gets named "newsgroup".
Will it be a rose and will it be a thorny though beautifully scented
variety?
Like an old moss rose? A deep red?
Troll, erm, I mean disease resistant?

And if so, she may have as many as she wishes.
Old 27-02-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
aquachimp wrote:

I wonder how long before a plant gets named "newsgroup".
Will it be a rose and will it be a thorny though beautifully scented
variety?
Like an old moss rose? A deep red?

Clearly a rambler, prone to throwing off shoots with flowers that are
of an entirely different colour from the main plant :-)

Troll, erm, I mean disease resistant?

And if so, she may have as many as she wishes.

Trollsbane. Sadly, a now very rare wild plant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-02-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

What's the point of this? Despite ludicrous claims from a singularily
quaint rock-dweller off the Hampshire coast no-one 'owns' any
newsgroup, so the op question is completely irrelevant to this ng.
Roll-on spring when the tide of truly relevant postings swamp the
dross and mischief-makers. OP:- James/Mike IOW or whatever your real
name is - just give it a rest and stop trying to stir.