Old 27-02-2009, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Sacha Hubbard

James P wrote in message
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

What makes you ask that?

Old 27-02-2009, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:40:26 GMT, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:

The message
from James P contains these words:

Will you not answer my questions?

Seems like it.

It does. I shall ask .

Old 27-02-2009, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

The message
from James P contains these words:

Will you not answer my questions?

Seems like it.

It does. I shall ask .

I hope it makes you happy, James.

Old 27-02-2009, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:43:16 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The message
from James P contains these words:

Will you not answer my questions?

Seems like it.

It does. I shall ask .

I hope it makes you happy, James.

Thank you, Christina.

Old 27-02-2009, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 26, 7:17*pm, James P wrote:
Does Sacha Hubbard own this newsgroup?

I wonder how long before a plant gets named "newsgroup".
Will it be a rose and will it be a thorny though beautifully scented
variety?
Like an old moss rose? A deep red?
Troll, erm, I mean disease resistant?

And if so, she may have as many as she wishes.

Old 27-02-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
aquachimp wrote:

I wonder how long before a plant gets named "newsgroup".
Will it be a rose and will it be a thorny though beautifully scented
variety?
Like an old moss rose? A deep red?

Clearly a rambler, prone to throwing off shoots with flowers that are
of an entirely different colour from the main plant :-)

Troll, erm, I mean disease resistant?

And if so, she may have as many as she wishes.

Trollsbane. Sadly, a now very rare wild plant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 27-02-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

What's the point of this? Despite ludicrous claims from a singularily
quaint rock-dweller off the Hampshire coast no-one 'owns' any
newsgroup, so the op question is completely irrelevant to this ng.
Roll-on spring when the tide of truly relevant postings swamp the
dross and mischief-makers. OP:- James/Mike IOW or whatever your real
name is - just give it a rest and stop trying to stir.

Old 27-02-2009, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/2/09 20:21, in article ,
" wrote:

In article ,
aquachimp wrote:

I wonder how long before a plant gets named "newsgroup".
Will it be a rose and will it be a thorny though beautifully scented
variety?
Like an old moss rose? A deep red?

Clearly a rambler, prone to throwing off shoots with flowers that are
of an entirely different colour from the main plant :-)

An unpredictable variety - I can live with that.

Troll, erm, I mean disease resistant?

And if so, she may have as many as she wishes.

Trollsbane. Sadly, a now very rare wild plant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Oh, I really do think an urgler should develop such a plant. How perfect!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 28-02-2009, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Plantfinder has 4 Trolls, a Snow Troll, and the genus Trollius. No
Troll(s)bane however. Perhaps we could rename Urtica ferox. (I'd suspect
that Dendrocnide moroides is not hardy in the UK.)

I failed to find any seed of Urtica ferox when I was in New Zealand :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-02-2009, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Stewart Robert Hinsley contains these words:

Plantfinder has 4 Trolls, a Snow Troll, and the genus Trollius. No
Troll(s)bane however. Perhaps we could rename Urtica ferox. (I'd suspect
that Dendrocnide moroides is not hardy in the UK.)

However with a little genetic modification we might get a Dendrocyanide
moribundes

--
Rusty
Old 28-02-2009, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 28, 12:41*pm, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
wrote:

Trollsbane. *Sadly, a now very rare wild plant.

I wonder if there is such a name for one of their native plants in one of
the Scandinavian languages. *What do the Swedes, for example, call wolfsbane
or henbane?.

--
Jeff

stormhatt; wolfsbane (wiki)
Old 28-02-2009, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from aquachimp contains these words:
wrote:

Trollsbane. *Sadly, a now very rare wild plant.

I wonder if there is such a name for one of their native plants in one of
the Scandinavian languages. *What do the Swedes, for example, call
wolfsbane
or henbane?.

stormhatt; wolfsbane (wiki)

Hetta would be the person to ask about N. European names.

shout

OY!

HETTA!

HELP!