Old 21-03-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wild Ducks in the garden

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

Have some Madeira...

Too kind)

Too true...

--
Rusty
Old 21-03-2009, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Beware of the Deck-chair!

Is it loaded???

Especially beware of the spring-loaded deck-chair.

--
Rusty
Old 21-03-2009, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

This 'submarine' thingy has lamps which simulate daylight. It turns itself
off for 8 hours a day. Doen't say anything about shortening the time for
tomatoes

I rather think that is to supplement daylight, not to replace it.

I have seeds for basil and salad, so perhaps I will have to grow them
instead

June is growing tomatoes in hers and I think she has her flowers showing.
Btw these are tiny tomatoes, do you think that might make a difference?

Not IME - if you plant them at the same time(ish), they all seem to
ripen at the same time(ish).

--
Rusty
Old 21-03-2009, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

Have some Madeira...

Too kind)

Too true...

*slurp*

Old 21-03-2009, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

This 'submarine' thingy has lamps which simulate daylight. It turns
itself off for 8 hours a day. Doen't say anything about shortening
the time for tomatoes

I rather think that is to supplement daylight, not to replace it.

Do you think so? Well I can't argue about it that is for sure But.... it
seems I could have a rack with three submarines in the corner of a garage!
Have a wee look and see what you think...

http://www.aerogarden.org.uk/aerogarden_concept.html

I have seeds for basil and salad, so perhaps I will have to grow them
instead

June is growing tomatoes in hers and I think she has her flowers
showing. Btw these are tiny tomatoes, do you think that might make a
difference?

Not IME - if you plant them at the same time(ish), they all seem to
ripen at the same time(ish).

Oh well! I shan't care one way or the other, so long as I get some)

Will keep you informed when I get it going.

Old 21-03-2009, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

This 'submarine' thingy has lamps which simulate daylight. It turns
itself off for 8 hours a day. Doen't say anything about shortening
the time for tomatoes

I rather think that is to supplement daylight, not to replace it.

Do you think so? Well I can't argue about it that is for sure But.... it
seems I could have a rack with three submarines in the corner of a garage!
Have a wee look and see what you think...

http://www.aerogarden.org.uk/aerogarden_concept.html

How many summer days have you met that stretch - well, compress - to
eight hours?

I have seeds for basil and salad, so perhaps I will have to grow them
instead

June is growing tomatoes in hers and I think she has her flowers
showing. Btw these are tiny tomatoes, do you think that might make a
difference?

Not IME - if you plant them at the same time(ish), they all seem to
ripen at the same time(ish).

Oh well! I shan't care one way or the other, so long as I get some)

cough!

I really couldn't comment. I guess it's the Madeira...

Will keep you informed when I get it going.

Good-oh.

I'll look at the wibble later, when time is a bit more thickly spread.

--
Rusty
Old 21-03-2009, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
I rather think that is to supplement daylight, not to replace it.

Do you think so? Well I can't argue about it that is for sure
But.... it seems I could have a rack with three submarines in the
corner of a garage! Have a wee look and see what you think...

http://www.aerogarden.org.uk/aerogarden_concept.html

How many summer days have you met that stretch - well, compress - to
eight hours?

I meant it turns off the light for 8 hours in a day. So there will be 16
hours light.

See this:

http://www.aerogarden.org.uk/aerogarden_seven.html

1. You can now garden all year round
• Extends the growing season to 365 days a year
• No weeds, no pesticides, and no mess.
• Perfect for gardeners in with limited space such as flats.

Not IME - if you plant them at the same time(ish), they all seem to
ripen at the same time(ish).

Oh well! I shan't care one way or the other, so long as I get
some)

cough!

growl are you being cheeky young fella me lad??

Anyway, seeing as you are a male type fella, do you know that tomatoes are
very good for you. They can protect you against prostate problems! So, grow
your tomatoes and eat 'em all up!!!

I really couldn't comment. I guess it's the Madeira...

Without doubt

Will keep you informed when I get it going.

Good-oh.

I'll look at the wibble later, when time is a bit more thickly spread.

Ooor arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that do probably be much easier

Old 21-03-2009, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

/snip/³¾

³¾ Perhaps an unfortunate turn of phrase, under the circumstances...

Anyway, seeing as you are a male type fella, do you know that tomatoes are
very good for you. They can protect you against prostate problems!
So, grow
your tomatoes and eat 'em all up!!!

I really couldn't comment. I guess it's the Madeira...

Without doubt

Will keep you informed when I get it going.

Good-oh.

I'll look at the wibble later, when time is a bit more thickly spread.

Ooor arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that do probably be much easier

Most definitively.

--
Rusty

Ducks in Garden ,beneficial or a nuisance? [email protected] United Kingdom 5 02-06-2013 03:45 PM
Wild Ducks in the garden Ophelia United Kingdom 0 21-03-2009 09:14 AM
wild ducks in the garden simy1 Edible Gardening 10 13-05-2004 02:05 AM
Ducks ~ jan Ponds 10 30-03-2003 01:32 PM
Ducks or turtles in Koi Pond? Joe Blow Ponds 3 10-03-2003 09:32 PM