Old 26-03-2009, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default supermarket trolley hanging basket

The message
from mogga contains these words:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:22:28 GMT, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message
from mogga contains these words:

Are tayberries nice?

Yes.

IMO better than Loganberries.

You do know that doesn't help don't you.

No... I assumed everyone in this land, if not the world - knew what
Loganberries were like.

Imagine a blackberry plant with thinner and (slightly) less vicious
thorns (there are thornless varieties), bearing a fruit which looks like
a rather large, long and somewhat lumpier version of a raspberry, but
which, when picked, comes with the central pith, as does a blackberry.

They are sharper (usually) than raspberries, and therefore used in
cooking more than raspberries, though that's not to say they aren't
delicious fresh.

I might see if we can get out the house today and see if they have
any. Might as well try them if they have some

Well, I now need a Loganberry to complete the collection - I've a
Tayberry, a Boysenberry, a blackberry, various raspberries, but no
Loganberry - yet.

--
Rusty
Old 26-03-2009, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:

Luxury you can afford. Every Lidl helps.

They sell some strange things at Lidl. They sometimes sell donkey
meat. They wrote a song about it too though. Lidl donkey...

Other than the cheap beer, their special offers in the Netherlands are
Lidl else
than rubbish compared to what's on offer in other countries.

I usually have some of their bratwurst in the freezer.

--
Rusty
Old 26-03-2009, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Rusty_Hinge writes
wrote:
[...]

Any wineberries? black raspberries? cloudberries?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 26-03-2009, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
The message
from mogga contains these words:

Are tayberries nice?

Yes.

IMO better than Loganberries.

You do know that doesn't help don't you.

No... I assumed everyone in this land, if not the world - knew what
Loganberries were like.

Not that I remember anyway.
:@)

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 26-03-2009, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Stewart Robert Hinsley contains these words:

Any wineberries? black raspberries? cloudberries?

No, again, not yet.

--
Rusty

Old 27-03-2009, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ophelia wrote:
mogga wrote:
It struck me yesterday that a supermarket trolley (one of the small
ones) would make a very interesting "hanging" basket.

OK so you couldn't hang it up - but you could wheel it around...
My OH looked at me like I was mad... but that's not soo unusual.

And where, may one ask, would you be thinking of obtaining the
aforementioned supermarket trolly?

A supermarket, maybe?

--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Old 27-03-2009, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Enzo Matrix wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
mogga wrote:
It struck me yesterday that a supermarket trolley (one of the small
ones) would make a very interesting "hanging" basket.

OK so you couldn't hang it up - but you could wheel it around...
My OH looked at me like I was mad... but that's not soo unusual.

And where, may one ask, would you be thinking of obtaining the
aforementioned supermarket trolly?

A supermarket, maybe?

Heh you are late to this thread. We are also informed that they cost only
one pound

Old 27-03-2009, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 26, 1:44*pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
Loganberry - yet.

Any wineberries? black raspberries? cloudberries?

Does anybody know if one can buy Googleberries on the net?
Old 27-03-2009, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Loganberry - yet.
Any wineberries? black raspberries? cloudberries?

Does anybody know if one can buy Googleberries on the net?

Yes, but you have to search for them. ;-)

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:05:56 -0000, "Enzo Matrix"
wrote:

Ophelia wrote:
mogga wrote:
It struck me yesterday that a supermarket trolley (one of the small
ones) would make a very interesting "hanging" basket.

OK so you couldn't hang it up - but you could wheel it around...
My OH looked at me like I was mad... but that's not soo unusual.

And where, may one ask, would you be thinking of obtaining the
aforementioned supermarket trolly?

A supermarket, maybe?

An inspired guess?

*strutt*

Old 28-03-2009, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ophelia wrote:
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
mogga wrote:
It struck me yesterday that a supermarket trolley (one of the small
ones) would make a very interesting "hanging" basket.

OK so you couldn't hang it up - but you could wheel it around...
My OH looked at me like I was mad... but that's not soo unusual.

And where, may one ask, would you be thinking of obtaining the
aforementioned supermarket trolly?

A supermarket, maybe?

Heh you are late to this thread. We are also informed that they cost
only one pound

One of the benefits of economies of scale.

Mind you, I wish they'd fix that dodgy wheel!

Old 28-03-2009, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:58:22 -0000, "Enzo Matrix"
wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
Enzo Matrix wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
mogga wrote:

It struck me yesterday that a supermarket trolley (one of the small
ones) would make a very interesting "hanging" basket.

OK so you couldn't hang it up - but you could wheel it around...
My OH looked at me like I was mad... but that's not soo unusual.

And where, may one ask, would you be thinking of obtaining the
aforementioned supermarket trolly?

A supermarket, maybe?

Heh you are late to this thread. We are also informed that they cost
only one pound

One of the benefits of economies of scale.

Mind you, I wish they'd fix that dodgy wheel!

The ones with the dodgy wheels do not make good flower baskets. Hence
the large
number of them that are available to shoppers.

Not to mention canoeists and other freshwater - er - punters?

--
Rusty
Old 04-04-2009, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

wrote:
The message
from mogga contains these words:

Are tayberries nice?

Yes.

IMO better than Loganberries.

You do know that doesn't help don't you.

No... I assumed everyone in this land, if not the world - knew what
Loganberries were like.

Imagine a blackberry plant with thinner and (slightly) less vicious
thorns (there are thornless varieties), bearing a fruit which looks like
a rather large, long and somewhat lumpier version of a raspberry, but
which, when picked, comes with the central pith, as does a blackberry.

They are sharper (usually) than raspberries, and therefore used in
cooking more than raspberries, though that's not to say they aren't
delicious fresh.

They're delicious fresh, and also freeze well. Easy to grow, and heavy
cropping, so you have plenty to freeze once they're established.

--
Kay