Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered User

Default House Martin

Hi All
New on here saw my first housemartin yesterday
I live in south Wales thought I would let you all know

Spruce
__________________
From small acorns oak trees grow
Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

spruce wrote:

New on here saw my first housemartin yesterday
I live in south Wales thought I would let you all know

I'll look out for them here! There used to be hundreds of them on the
overheads outside my house in the Autumn before their departure, but
they have declined significantly over the years.

I look forward to the swifts flying overhead on Summer evenings.

Hearing birds singing in the treetops in the twighlight at this time of
the years does give one a lift.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
spruce

I live in Clackmannanshire, Central Scotland, and saw some Sand Martins last
Sunday.

Regards

Syke

Old 10-04-2009, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Where is here, btw? Oh, how I wish people would put their location in their
sig files!!

NE Essex.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Saxman wrote:
spruce wrote:

New on here saw my first housemartin yesterday
I live in south Wales thought I would let you all know

I'll look out for them here! There used to be hundreds of them on the
overheads outside my house in the Autumn before their departure, but
they have declined significantly over the years.

I look forward to the swifts flying overhead on Summer evenings.

Hearing birds singing in the treetops in the twighlight at this time of
the years does give one a lift.

Yes its a lovely time of year.
Clearing out the strawberry planter on Thursday I found the soil full of
vine weevil grubs, I gave up counting at 50 as I popped them into a
tray for an eager femail blackbird who was grabbing them as fast as I
could find them, her young will have been well fed that day.

On another note this morning I heard my cockatiels making a fuss in the
aviary, looked out of the window to see a Red Kite swooping low over the
garden, first time I have seen one so close and unusual in a built up area.

--
Corporal Jones
Dunstable
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/4/09 11:30, in article ,
"Saxman" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Where is here, btw? Oh, how I wish people would put their location in their
sig files!!

NE Essex.

Ah! I'm married to an Essex boy who migrated to Devon. He was born in
Upshire.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Corporal Jones wrote:

On another note this morning I heard my cockatiels making a fuss in the
aviary, looked out of the window to see a Red Kite swooping low over the
garden, first time I have seen one so close and unusual in a built up area.

That's good news.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Ah! I'm married to an Essex boy who migrated to Devon. He was born in
Upshire.

There's a lot of diversity in Essex. There's a lot of difference
between the areas surrounding other counties and those bordering Greater
London.

House Martin tpow United Kingdom 4 27-05-2008 10:59 AM
Martin Ophelia United Kingdom 5 24-12-2003 10:04 AM
Renaglottis Ricky Martin K Barrett Orchids 4 12-08-2003 11:39 PM
Is Martin Hibbard out there? Old SB. jo United Kingdom 2 05-03-2003 04:30 PM