Old 11-04-2009, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Landmaster 100

Any clues as to how you remove the flywheel so as to adjust the points
gap, please. I have a feeling you give it a whack on the perimeter
but am holding back on strong arm tactics for now.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"none" wrote ...
Any clues as to how you remove the flywheel so as to adjust the points
gap, please. I have a feeling you give it a whack on the perimeter
but am holding back on strong arm tactics for now.

Whilst I don't know this machine, flywheels are usually on a keyed tapered
shaft rarely on a splined shaft.
To remove the flywheel you can get a "puller" from somewhere like "Machine
Mart" (check the diameter of the flywheel first) or, what usually works, tap
around the edge of the flywheel with a leather/rubber/wooden hammer, I do
mean tap firmly not smash!
With a puller you tighten it up and gently tap the end of the puller centre,
tighten some more etc until it comes loose.
Either way don't totally remove the nut holding the flywheel on, just loosen
it, otherwise the flywheel could fall or, with a puller, spring onto the
ground and get damaged or damage you.
Don't lose the key which will sit in a cut slot, and remember to replace it
the right way round before you re-assemble and tighten the nut.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by none[_2_] View Post
Any clues as to how you remove the flywheel so as to adjust the points
gap, please. I have a feeling you give it a whack on the perimeter
but am holding back on strong arm tactics for now.

Bob you are right i have just taken the flywheel off yesterday to get to the points and the bit in front of the flywheel undoes by giving it a few clumps anti clock wise the flywheel wil just lever off hope it helps

steve gee