Old 12-04-2009, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse Spring clean

My old G/H. is no problem it is wood and quite thick glass, so a scrubing
brush and bucket of warm water with a good dose of Jayes was just the job.
BUT my new G/H that I bought last year is one of those B&Q metal frame with
thin glass (hope it does not fall down ) ones. So I cannot be so energetic
in cleaning it ?
Problem? Any advice on the best way to clean and disinfect the said G/H.

Bill.
South/West Durham.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill P." wrote in message
My old G/H. is no problem it is wood and quite thick glass, so a scrubing
brush and bucket of warm water with a good dose of Jayes was just the job.
BUT my new G/H that I bought last year is one of those B&Q metal frame
with thin glass (hope it does not fall down ) ones. So I cannot be so
energetic in cleaning it ?
Problem? Any advice on the best way to clean and disinfect the said G/H.

Just clean the thing. Metal framed greenhouses are not noted for falling
down, unless it was assembled by an idiot.

Steve

Old 12-04-2009, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Bill P." contains these words:

My old G/H. is no problem it is wood and quite thick glass, so a scrubing
brush and bucket of warm water with a good dose of Jayes was just the job.
BUT my new G/H that I bought last year is one of those B&Q metal frame with
thin glass (hope it does not fall down ) ones. So I cannot be so energetic
in cleaning it ?
Problem? Any advice on the best way to clean and disinfect the said G/H.

Pressure-washer on a low setting - if available. If not, with
considerable care. (The alleged 'galvanising' on cheap frames sometimes
has a tenuous hold..)

Most pressure-washers have an additive reservoir, either on a spray
head, or in the line.

You can hire them quite cheaply if you haven't a friend or neighbour who
has one.

--
Rusty

Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks Each,
I think one of my S.I.L.s may have a pressure hose and if it does have an
additive reservoir I can add Diluted Jeys Fluid.
--
Bill.
South/West Durham

Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
What an earth is 'Spring clean'?

It's a Chinese tulip ... otherwise known as 'Spring Green'. :~)

Spider

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:38:12 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
What an earth is 'Spring clean'?

It's a Chinese tulip ... otherwise known as 'Spring Green'. :~)

Isn't that a Spling Glean?
--

Martin

I believe that's the Cantonese form .. good with noodles.

Spider

Old 13-04-2009, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:51:15 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
What an earth is 'Spring clean'?

It's a Chinese tulip ... otherwise known as 'Spring Green'. :~)

Isn't that a Spling Glean?
--

Martin

I believe that's the Cantonese form .. good with noodles.

The Belgian form of schnitzel mit knoedelen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDSXEUFbyk
--

Martin

)) Lovely, Martin. That's quite cheered me up.

Spider