Old 14-04-2009, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Thankyou

Two years ago I posted a question if anyone knew what the plant was that
I'd discovered in some undergrowth. It was about a foot high, sickly,
yellowing leaved and on it's last legs. I can't remember who it was but it
was suggested it was a magnolia and in need of some iron.

After some TLC and regular iron fertiliser it is now over 6 feet tall and
the first flowers have just opened. All 25 of them, and yes it's a
wonderful large-flowered magnolia. A bit like this,
http://www.asperupgaard.dk/garden/pl...isfaction.html

and I'll post a photo of the one in the garden when I can.
It's exact variety is still to be discovered but now we really know what it
is. And it's lovely. Thanks a lot everyone who helped back then. :-)

--
Tim C.
Old 14-04-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:44:29 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:36:13 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:

Two years ago I posted a question if anyone knew what the plant was that
I'd discovered in some undergrowth. It was about a foot high, sickly,
yellowing leaved and on it's last legs. I can't remember who it was but it
was suggested it was a magnolia and in need of some iron.

After some TLC and regular iron fertiliser it is now over 6 feet tall and
the first flowers have just opened. All 25 of them, and yes it's a
wonderful large-flowered magnolia. A bit like this,
http://www.asperupgaard.dk/garden/pl...isfaction.html

and I'll post a photo of the one in the garden when I can.
It's exact variety is still to be discovered but now we really know what it
is. And it's lovely. Thanks a lot everyone who helped back then. :-)

We bought a 3 feet tall magnolia from Lidl for €6.50 last autumn. It is covered
in flowers.

I don't care!!!!! :-)

--
Tim C.
Old 14-04-2009, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Tim C.
writes
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:44:29 +0200, Martin wrote in post :
m :

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:36:13 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:

Two years ago I posted a question if anyone knew what the plant was that
I'd discovered in some undergrowth. It was about a foot high, sickly,
yellowing leaved and on it's last legs. I can't remember who it was but it
was suggested it was a magnolia and in need of some iron.

After some TLC and regular iron fertiliser it is now over 6 feet tall and
the first flowers have just opened. All 25 of them, and yes it's a
wonderful large-flowered magnolia. A bit like this,
http://www.asperupgaard.dk/garden/pl.../magnolia_sati
sfaction/slides/magnolia-satisfaction.html

Thanks a lot everyone who helped back then. :-)

We bought a 3 feet tall magnolia from Lidl for €6.50 last autumn.
It is covered
in flowers.

I don't care!!!!! :-)

Neither do I. One of my neighbours has a glorious magnolia on the
boundary of their front garden. It is the bane of their next door
neighbours' life when it showers petals all over their front lawn.
8-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 14-04-2009, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Tim C.
writes

wrote:
[...]

Got to hoover my mothers lawn..........all pink now!
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 15-04-2009, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Pete C
writes

Gordon H wrote:

One of my neighbours has a glorious magnolia on
the boundary of their front garden. It is the bane of their next
door neighbours' life when it showers petals all over their front
lawn. 8-)

Got to hoover my mothers lawn..........all pink now!

I had a glance at it today after a strong wind.
Oh dear...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply