Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Registered User

Default Evergreen Honeysuckle

Hello,
I planted an evergreen honeysuckle in a container against a southfacing wall last Autumn. It has been growing well but has developed grey patches on some leaves which now seem to turning yellow. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thank you
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladysw12 View Post
Hello,
I planted an evergreen honeysuckle in a container against a southfacing wall last Autumn. It has been growing well but has developed grey patches on some leaves which now seem to turning yellow. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thank you
Hi I had the same problem last year on a evergreen Honey suckle varigated I forget the name.
I had to spray all year with fungicide to try and control the mildew, most of it died back and this year only two small branches left.
I wont bother this year its all trial and error one I wont bother to replace.
Hope this helps

Spruce
__________________
From small acorns oak trees grow
Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gladysw12 wrote:
Hello,
I planted an evergreen honeysuckle in a container against a southfacing
wall last Autumn. It has been growing well but has developed grey
patches on some leaves which now seem to turning yellow. Does anyone
know what the problem is?
Thank you

It's mildew. Some honeysuckles are martyrs to it. But don't worry, it
never kills them, and they grow through it eventually. Don't bother
spraying it with a fungicide.

--
Jeff

Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Hello,
I planted an evergreen honeysuckle in a container against a
southfacing
wall last Autumn. It has been growing well but has developed grey
patches on some leaves which now seem to turning yellow. Does anyone
know what the problem is?

Thank you

Paradoxially, mildew is worse if the plant is too dry. Containers are
always difficult to keep moist, and planting against a south facing wall
compounds the problem. Try planting it somewhere less dry.
--
Kay
Old 27-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered User

Location: USA

Lonicera 'Copper Beauty' has deep copper yellow flowers against rich bronze coloured new stems and leaves in spring. A fantastic evergreen climber, with goes well when combined with clematis armandii. Supplied in approx 2-3 litre containers. Strong quality plants.