Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Mitulove's Avatar
Registered User

Question A such thing as a small wind-proof greenhouse?

Hello again,

Having had laughable experiences with PVC 'greenhouses' and growbag shelter whatsits that just ended up being huge and ungainly kites in the Scottish wind, I'm trying to find something that will stay upright and windtight enough to keep my plants from blowing over. It seems like not much to ask..

I would really like to spend under £200 (stop laughing), and would like something around 5' tall, 4' wide, and 1.5-3' deep so I have space for plants of different heights. Does such a thing exist? I thought this looked sorta nifty: http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSite/product/SMLT.htm However, I've read on this forum about aluminum structures becoming airborne, losing their panels, etc. I should mention also that I'm renting, so I won't be able to make any sort of permanent base. I have an area of 3-6cm sandstone rocks that might be suitable?

If anyone can make recommendations, general or specific, I would be very grateful!

Kind regards!