Old 15-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered User

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a slope).

Cheers
Old 15-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarl View Post
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a slope).

Cheers
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front lawn is tiny!
Old 15-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarl View Post
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front lawn is tiny!
And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?
Old 15-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?
Less expensive! South West (Swindon)
Old 16-05-2009, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-15 21:45:04 +0100, supercarl
said:

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 16-05-2009, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

£10 per hour in Gloucestershire, whatever happened to Scouts and Bob-a-job ?

kate

Old 16-05-2009, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"supercarl" wrote
What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

The one that does a neighbours garden charges £15. per hour, min £45. Do
check if there is a minimum charge.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"supercarl" wrote
What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

The one that does a neighbours garden charges £15. per hour, min £45. Do
check if there is a minimum charge.

I think the widow up the road pays £15 for two small lawns, and the one
next door gives her S-I-L £20 since I gave up doing it for free.
(I'm 75 fer goodness sake).
The moral is, - get a gardener to do it. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gordon H
writes
In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.

And food. Don't undercut the needy.
--
hugh

Old 16-05-2009, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:20:52 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.

and first class train pass, gift of large petrol engine powered lawnmower,
extremely short working year and immunity from prosecution?

Joking apart, I can remember when I attended an ICL programming course
in Windsor, back in the 70s, we were entitled to 1st Class train travel,
along with the brief cases and umbrellas.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.

and first class train pass, gift of large petrol engine powered lawnmower,
extremely short working year and immunity from prosecution?

....and the gaze of HMRC
--
hugh

Old 16-05-2009, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

supercarl wrote:

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?
(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on aslope).

Typically £15.
It isnt worthwhile cutting grass by the hour, it is difficult to make a
living doing it, so the people who do it charge typically, £10-20 per
house.

I do a rented house's garden once a month or so, charge £25 for it, cut
the grass, remove rubbish from garden, put weedkiller around slabs, trim
hedge back if necessary. No weeding, just strimmer around the edges (no
borders, just grass or slabs).
Every time I go, I wonder why I bother, it just isnt worth the effort,
but I know the landlord, and he always pays up quickly. If I had 3 or 4
houses to do in the area, it would be alright, but just the one, not
worth it.
Alan.
Old 24-05-2009, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

supercarl wrote:
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

In my village in Essex, there is a lady advertising to do gardening at
somewhere between 6 and 7 £/hour (I can't receall the exact amount).
There is some note about grass cutting using her electric mower. I don't
quite know if she means she will only use her mower, or she has an
electric one. I must admit, it's tempting to get her to do my lawn for
that amount, if she would use my petrol mower.
Old 24-05-2009, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 24, 6:51*am, Dave wrote:
supercarl wrote:
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

In my village in Essex, there is a lady advertising to do gardening at
somewhere between 6 and 7 £/hour (I can't receall the exact amount).
There is some note about grass cutting using her electric mower. I don't
quite know if she means she will only use her mower, or she has an
electric one. I must admit, it's tempting to get her to do my lawn for
that amount, if she would use my petrol mower.

Can I book her now, please? I'm in Essex so she can't be far away! She
can use any mower she likes. I have an endless amount of weeding for
her.

Anyone tried "No Mow" or "Eco-Lawn" grass seed, for low maintenance lawn? DK[_2_] Gardening 0 21-06-2007 06:04 PM
Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
No mow lawn [email protected] Gardening 1 10-05-2006 10:38 PM
What is needed to mow 1 1/2 acre lawn? Craig Davis Lawns 7 11-10-2005 01:06 PM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM