Old 15-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered User

Default How much to pay for someone to mow my lawn?

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a slope).

Cheers
Old 15-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarl View Post
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a slope).

Cheers
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front lawn is tiny!
Old 15-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarl View Post
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front lawn is tiny!
And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?
Old 15-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?
Less expensive! South West (Swindon)
Old 16-05-2009, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

beccabunga wrote:
supercarl;845013 Wrote:
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an
idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front
lawn is tiny!

And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?

[rant] Just don't let Whitegates - the property lending people do it!
Before moving to France we rented a property for six months. It had a
tiny lawn about 15 feet by 20 feet. I mowed it before moving out but
Whitegates took £50 out of the deposit to "mow the lawn" two days later.
[/rant]

--
David in Normandy.

Old 16-05-2009, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David in Normandy wrote:
beccabunga wrote:
supercarl;845013 Wrote:
PS Probably best to say that it is a 4 bed detached house, to give an
idea of width, however depth of back lawn is only about 10 foot. Front
lawn is tiny!

And approximate location? London or somewhere less expensive?

[rant] Just don't let Whitegates - the property lending people do it!
Before moving to France we rented a property for six months. It had a
tiny lawn about 15 feet by 20 feet. I mowed it before moving out but
Whitegates took £50 out of the deposit to "mow the lawn" two days later.
[/rant]

Around here (North Staffordshire)they charge £12 an hour, so assess how
long it would take. Failing that phone up someone with ads in the local
paper, then ask.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Old 16-05-2009, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-15 21:45:04 +0100, supercarl
said:

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 16-05-2009, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

£10 per hour in Gloucestershire, whatever happened to Scouts and Bob-a-job ?

kate

Old 16-05-2009, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 16, 10:58*am, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

£10 per hour in Gloucestershire, whatever happened to Scouts and Bob-a-job ?

Oh what nice young men! Will you really mow my lawns for 5p?
Old 16-05-2009, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-16 10:58:18 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

Cheers

Here in S. Devon it's about £13 per hour, using his own equipment and
having to move lawn furniture, too!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

£10 per hour in Gloucestershire, whatever happened to Scouts and Bob-a-job ?

kate

Elf 'n safety, I think. ;-(

Old 16-05-2009, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"supercarl" wrote
What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

The one that does a neighbours garden charges £15. per hour, min £45. Do
check if there is a minimum charge.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2009, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:20:52 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.

and first class train pass, gift of large petrol engine powered lawnmower,
extremely short working year and immunity from prosecution?

Joking apart, I can remember when I attended an ICL programming course
in Windsor, back in the 70s, we were entitled to 1st Class train travel,
along with the brief cases and umbrellas.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"supercarl" wrote
What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).

The one that does a neighbours garden charges £15. per hour, min £45. Do
check if there is a minimum charge.

I think the widow up the road pays £15 for two small lawns, and the one
next door gives her S-I-L £20 since I gave up doing it for free.
(I'm 75 fer goodness sake).
The moral is, - get a gardener to do it. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-05-2009, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Gordon H
writes
wrote:

In message , supercarl
writes

Hello,

What is the going rate for someone to mow a lawn?

(Front and back, fairly small as it is a new-ish property, on a
slope).
Cheers

I'll do it free, subject to travel expenses second home allowance and
utility bills.

and first class train pass, gift of large petrol engine powered lawnmower,
extremely short working year and immunity from prosecution?

Joking apart, I can remember when I attended an ICL programming course
in Windsor, back in the 70s, we were entitled to 1st Class train
travel, along with the brief cases and umbrellas.

I too attended an ICL programming course in Windsor back in the early
'70's. Plan. 1900 series machines. Before that, I had attended an IBM
course for Autocoder (1400 Series) - also in Windsor. IIRC, I preferred
Autocoder to Plan but then we moved over to Cobol, which was much easier
but not half as much fun. I don't remember having first class travel on
any of the courses but do remember staying in an hotel in Old Windsor.
--
June Hughes

Anyone tried "No Mow" or "Eco-Lawn" grass seed, for low maintenance lawn? DK[_2_] Gardening 0 21-06-2007 06:04 PM
Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
No mow lawn [email protected] Gardening 1 10-05-2006 10:38 PM
What is needed to mow 1 1/2 acre lawn? Craig Davis Lawns 7 11-10-2005 01:06 PM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM