Old 26-05-2009, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pull Down Hanging Basket

While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone know
who sells them please

Thanks in advance

Old 26-05-2009, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message
While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone know
who sells them please

Thanks in advance

Every garden centre sells the device you can attach to the bracket and
basket.
B&Q have them, Homebase sell them - everywhere does!

Old 26-05-2009, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Clive" wrote in message

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message
While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone
know who sells them please

Thanks in advance

Every garden centre sells the device you can attach to the bracket and
basket.
B&Q have them, Homebase sell them - everywhere does!

Thanks for the info Clive

I have never seen them, do you off hand know what they are called? I don't
get into B&Q or Homebase much and asked in my local garden centre and they
didn't have a clue.

Thanks

Old 27-05-2009, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Clive" wrote in message

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message
While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone
know who sells them please

Thanks in advance

Every garden centre sells the device you can attach to the bracket and
basket.
B&Q have them, Homebase sell them - everywhere does!

Thanks for the info Clive

I have never seen them, do you off hand know what they are called? I don't
get into B&Q or Homebase much and asked in my local garden centre and they
didn't have a clue.

Thanks

My local Tesco has them for sale

Old 27-05-2009, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

On 26/05/09 01:43, Samantha Booth wrote:
While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone
know who sells them please

Thanks in advance

The Hi-Lo lowering & raising device for hanging baskets made by Gardman
is widely available. Other manufactures make similar devices.

Just make sure that you buy one that is strong enough the support the
weight of your basket after it has been thoroughly watered.

Old 28-05-2009, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jane" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 May 2009 09:51:53 +0100, Ed ex@directory wrote:

~On 26/05/09 01:43, Samantha Booth wrote:
~ While watching the Chelsea Flower Show I saw a stand selling pull down
~ hanging baskets to make it easier to water and weed them. Does anyone
~ know who sells them please
~
~ Thanks in advance
~
~
~The Hi-Lo lowering & raising device for hanging baskets made by Gardman
~is widely available. Other manufactures make similar devices.
~
~Just make sure that you buy one that is strong enough the support the
~weight of your basket after it has been thoroughly watered.
~

Trouble with hi-lo is they make your baskets hang some distance
lower than you might want them to... causing inadvertent head
bashing!

When at a BBC GWL some years ago I found one where the raising
and lowering gear was *inside* the basket hanger so didn't lower
the basket height. Very good. Have had four of them on both the
house and the shed. Still working well despite being out all the
time and facing the wind direction. Two currently without a home
(potting shed not as easy to find a S-facing vertical surface
on!) but they'll be back soon or my tumbler tomatoes are going to
be upset!

Now if only I could remember what they were called... ah yes,
Rol-lo. If you can find them. Google isn't helpful (sorry I
hunted after I'd typed this message, but watch ebay as some come
up occasionally). Company seems to have sold out to Rapitest and
they've gone west - shame - very good idea and reliable (at least
when I got them...).

jane

Chiltern Hills, 140m above sea level.

Thanks to everyone

I looked yesterday at B&Q and yes they do lower the basket a lot. the ones
at chelsea were intergrated like you say Jane. Its that kind I would like. I
will have to keep an eye out on ebay and thanks again for the help.

Kindest regards