Old 29-05-2009, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Morning!

Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm* Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

Old 29-05-2009, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"wafflycat" wrote in message
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm*
Plants fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always
the same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

Beautiful wall to wall sunshine here on the Isle of Wight

Mike

Old 29-05-2009, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 29, 8:54*am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm* Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

Oh no. In this neck of the woods it's Cats first, then breakfst, then
plants. Or is that heresy round here?
Old 29-05-2009, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm*
Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

That is how it should be, :-)

kate

Old 29-05-2009, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Kate
Morgan writes
:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm*
Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

That is how it should be, :-)

kate

Apart from dogs. Leader of the pack and all that stuff. In any case, I
don't like to feed the dog until she returns from her very energetic
walk. She's quite happy with that.
--
June Hughes

Old 29-05-2009, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm* Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

You sound a bit self righteous to me.
Do it by all means but don't brag about something that is entirely
normal.
You apperar to have been overcome by a beautiful morning. Natural I
suppose, but a bit nauseating in my opinion.

Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
Old 30-05-2009, 05:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already *warm*
Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

You sound a bit self righteous to me.
Do it by all means but don't brag about something that is entirely
normal.
You apperar to have been overcome by a beautiful morning. Natural I
suppose, but a bit nauseating in my opinion.

Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

You need to take that lemon out of your mouth, it's making you very sour
indeed. Still you haven't put me off the joy of another morning watching the
sunrise and listening to the birdsong.

Old 30-05-2009, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
Up and at those gardens! It's a lovely sunny morning - already
*warm* Plants
fed & watered already. Now I can have a cuppa and breakfast. Always the
same - animals & plants seen to before self of a morning.

You sound a bit self righteous to me.
Do it by all means but don't brag about something that is entirely
normal.
You apperar to have been overcome by a beautiful morning. Natural I
suppose, but a bit nauseating in my opinion.

Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

You need to take that lemon out of your mouth, it's making you very
sour indeed. Still you haven't put me off the joy of another morning
watching the sunrise and listening to the birdsong.

Good morning. I've been up for around an hour but am not averse to
going back to bed. It's a lovely sunny day here in North London.
However, there's a very noisy little bird in our garden this morning -
singing in triplets a third apart and I don't know what it is. Does
anyone have any idea, please? Notes are C-C-A and it repeats them about
5 times before beginning again. Off for a cup of tea
--
June Hughes
Old 30-05-2009, 06:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

Oh well. So much for sweetness and light! The insides of some small
creature (probably a mouse) greeted me on the mat this morning. Still,
it could have been worse. Often it is just the tail or the whole animal
minus its head. The thing that freaks me out is when there are just the
tiny pink feet. Why the cat leaves those I shudder to think. I'm going
back to bed.
--
June Hughes
Old 30-05-2009, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 30, 6:03*am, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

A minor third? Maybe its a mynah bird?

--
June Hughes- Hide quoted text -

Old 30-05-2009, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message

Oh well. So much for sweetness and light! The insides of some small
creature (probably a mouse) greeted me on the mat this morning. Still, it
could have been worse. Often it is just the tail or the whole animal
minus its head. The thing that freaks me out is when there are just the
tiny pink feet. Why the cat leaves those I shudder to think. I'm going
back to bed.
--
June Hughes

Ah yes... what our feline rulers leave for us. Stuff that looks like a Star
Trek transporter experiment gone wrong!

Old 30-05-2009, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message

Good morning. I've been up for around an hour but am not averse to going
back to bed. It's a lovely sunny day here in North London. However,
there's a very noisy little bird in our garden this morning - singing in
triplets a third apart and I don't know what it is. Does anyone have any
idea, please? Notes are C-C-A and it repeats them about 5 times before
beginning again. Off for a cup of tea

Sorry, I'm useless at identifying birdsong. Unless I can actually see the
bird in action, at which point I can point to it and say "It's that one!"

Old 30-05-2009, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
, Des
Higgins writes
On May 30, 6:03*am, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

G My neighbour has told me it is probably a parakeet.
--
June Hughes

Old 30-05-2009, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
, Des
Higgins writes
On May 30, 6:03*am, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

Sorry to reply twice. I was wrong, it is a major third (C-C-A flat). I
think it was a great tit. (No rude comments please
--
June Hughes
Old 30-05-2009, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 30 May 2009 10:29:18 +0100, June Hughes

wrote:

In message
, Des
Higgins writes
On May 30, 6:03*am, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , wafflycat
writes

wrote in message
On May 29, 8:54 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

We have a green parakeet that is a regular visitor. It only squawks.

I now think it was a great tit, as mentioned in another post. I got the
interval wrong and it was a major third not minor. My excuse? It's an
easy thing to get wrong when you have just had a rude awakening by it
--
June Hughes