Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kays Horticulture - anyone else had problems?

I placed an order through Kay's website on 5th May for some plug trays. They
took my money (£42) on the 6th May. They sent me an "Order processing
notification" on the 14th. "Good" I thought, "my order should arrive soon".
By today (28 days later) the order still hadn't arrived. I rang them and was
told that they couldn't find my order details. In the background I could
hear someone else doing the same as me, calling to trace an order placed on
the 7th May.
The woman on the phone said they had been very busy. Not busy enough by the
sound of it!
Not very good eh?

Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:02:06 +0200, Martin wrote:

Contact your credit card company and ask for a full refund.

Less than £100, ISTR it has to be over that for the CC Co to be liable?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kaz" wrote...
I placed an order through Kay's website on 5th May for some plug trays.
They took my money (£42) on the 6th May. They sent me an "Order processing
notification" on the 14th. "Good" I thought, "my order should arrive soon".
By today (28 days later) the order still hadn't arrived. I rang them and
was told that they couldn't find my order details. In the background I
could hear someone else doing the same as me, calling to trace an order
placed on the 7th May.
The woman on the phone said they had been very busy. Not busy enough by
the sound of it!
Not very good eh?

That is unusual in our experience, we have always had excellent service from
Kays, although we haven't bought anything this year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kaz" wrote

I placed an order through Kay's website on 5th May for some plug trays.
They took my money (£42) on the 6th May. They sent me an "Order processing
notification" on the 14th. "Good" I thought, "

I've ordered a couple of times from Kay's. My last order was about 6 weeks
ago. Haven't had a problem and delivery was within a few days.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I have now received an e-mail from Kay's saying that they have refunded my
account. I just checked with my card company and it isn't there yet. Maybe
if I wait another 28 days??

Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Phew! The money arrived back in my account at last.

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Martin wrote:

Bankers are also a bunch of comedians, some make your money disappear for
days
when it is transferred between banks.

My thought exactly; credit card transactions often take a few days to
appear, credits of debits. But the money hasn't actually disappeared;
it's
just spending some time "between."

Apologies to Ms. McCaffrey.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic