Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered User

Default Birds

Hi,
I saw birds in my garden. Some of them are coming to my roses and eating somehing.Insects? Which kind? Are birds good for gardens?
I am sorry for asking this kind of questions. I dont know much about gardening.
Thanks.
Dina
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"dina" wrote
I saw birds in my garden. Some of them are coming to my roses and
eating somehing.Insects? Which kind? Are birds good for gardens?
I am sorry for asking this kind of questions. I dont know much about
gardening.

Probably Blue Tits, little yellow and grey/blue birds, always in a hurry,
with blue caps on their heads although they sometimes look dishevelled this
time of year having large families to feed. They will be picking off insects
etc and these birds are very good for your garden/flowers.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdidentifier/form.asp

Are birds good for gardens? I am sorry for asking this kind of
questions. I dont know much about gardening.

Birds are generally good for gardens. You are in the right place to ask
and learn. Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 23:42:09 +0100, dina wrote:

I saw birds in my garden. Some of them are coming to my roses and
eating somehing.Insects? Which kind?

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdidentifier/form.asp

Are birds good for gardens? I am sorry for asking this kind of
questions. I dont know much about gardening.

Birds are generally good for gardens. You are in the right place to ask
and learn. Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Or is it derived from the smell of crushed Fennel foliage?
Back on topic.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 08-06-2009, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:59:45 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Yes.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:59:45 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Yes.

I'll have to chew that over for a while...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 09-06-2009, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:59:45 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 23:42:09 +0100, dina wrote:

I saw birds in my garden. Some of them are coming to my roses and
eating somehing.Insects? Which kind?
http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdidentifier/form.asp

Are birds good for gardens? I am sorry for asking this kind of
questions. I dont know much about gardening.
Birds are generally good for gardens. You are in the right place to ask
and learn. Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Or is it derived from the smell of crushed Fennel foliage?
Back on topic.

It takes All Sorts.

Hundreds and thousands of possible flavours. Remind me the smell of
Angelica?
btw what a stately plant that is.

Bobbie
Old 13-06-2009, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:59:45 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Yes.

I'll have to chew that over for a while...
--

You owe me a new keyboard

Tina.

Old 13-06-2009, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:59:45 +0100, Gordon H wrote:

Remember the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Ok, here goes; is "Liquorice" your real name?

Yes.

I'll have to chew that over for a while...
--

You owe me a new keyboard

Tina.

Will a Spanish one be ok?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 15-06-2009, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message et, Dave
Liquorice writes

Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered User

Bird repellent techniques are used to prevent pest birds from landing, roosting and nesting. Bird repellents and adhesives though are one of the most straightforward ways to deter any kind of feathered friend from choosing your garden as its home. if you will not take prevention they will definitely destroy your beautiful garden.