Old 20-06-2009, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pub quiz questions

--
..
"brian mitchell" wrote in message
"'Mike'" writes:

Never seen a laptop in a quiz!! I would have thought they would be
banned,

mobile phone in the loo

""Phone a friend""?

:-((

To win what?

Mike

Old 21-06-2009, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 16:12:10 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

My husband is compiling a quiz for his local pub and he has asked me
for some gardening questions, any questions and answers would be much
appreciated
kate

He could put in a couple of plants' common names and ask what their
proper name is, or vice versa. And why was 'Capability' Brown so
called? Which architect was Gertrude Jekyll most closely associated
with? What charming - or not so charming - habit did Christopher Lloyd
have when visiting others' gardens (that should stump a few!) Which
way round a pole do runner beans twine? What is the name of Agatha
Christie's house and garden in Devon, newly open to the public?

A quick further follow up....

Does the direction of the runner bean's pole climbing differ in the
Southern Hemisphere. Did you notice any in NZ or was it too early for
them :-))
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset
Old 30-06-2009, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 16:12:10 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

[...]

Sorry, I've just seen this! We didn't seen any though peoples' veg
gardens were certainly starting. I didn't think to look for that -
what a missed opportunity! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 16:12:10 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
said:

[...]

Thanks Sacha. I'm heading there in November for a couple of months (you
kindly helped me with loads of advice - including reversing the order of
the islands I had booked) it's possible they may not be climbing when
we're there but I'll try and find out anyway. If things go down the
plughole differently in NZ, why not also up the pole? ... :-))

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Deepest Dorset
Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 16:12:10 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

[...]

I'd love to know where you're heading for and hope I remembered to tell
you about the really good b&b in Hot Water Beach in the Coromandel!
Look out for the lupins on the road to Milford Sound.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes

In message , Sacha
writes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 16:12:10 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
said:

[...]

You gave pages of advice and certainly mentioned Hot Water Beach in the
Coromandel area .... as well as the Norwegian type lupins in Milford
Sound region. You will be getting the odd direct E-mail with updates ...
in due course.

We are both very grateful - and will try and check up on the growing
habit of the S. Hemisphere runner bean.... :-))

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Morgan View Post
My husband is compiling a quiz for his local pub and he has asked me for
some gardening questions, any questions and answers would be much
appreciated

kate
If my answer is not too late, may I dare to suggest he has a look at www.plantlives.com This could provide plenty of unusual garden questions for his pub quiz.
JemimaP
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kate Morgan;
My husband is compiling a quiz for his local pub and he has asked me for

some gardening questions, any questions and answers would be much
appreciated

kate

If my answer is not too late, may I dare to suggest he has a look at
www.plantlives.com This could provide plenty of unusual garden
questions for his pub quiz.
JemimaP

--
No you are not too late Jemima, what an interesting link, thank you

kate

Pub sign Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 11 04-08-2010 11:18 AM
pub quiz IV Frank Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:51 PM
Pub re-miner: a tool for PubMed query building and literature mining. jkoster Plant Biology 0 22-02-2006 09:25 PM