Old 29-06-2009, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A pea error

I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
please? I fear not! ;-((
--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Old 29-06-2009, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 29, 2:37*pm, Broadback wrote:
I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
please? I fear not! ;-((

Kindly remove yourself from the gene pool immediately!
Old 29-06-2009, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:37:09 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
please? I fear not! ;-((

Harvest a sample of both before the pods fill out. Taste them and
decide what to do next.

Steve

Old 29-06-2009, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

moghouse wrote:
On Jun 29, 2:37 pm, Broadback wrote:
I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
please? I fear not! ;-((

Kindly remove yourself from the gene pool immediately!

Sadly too late, I have already reproduced, but now am probably too old
to do so! :-(

Old 29-06-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
| I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
| Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
| One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
| other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
| please? I fear not! ;-((
| --
| Please reply to group,emails to designated
| address are never read.

Just pick 2 pods that look identical and taste - you'll know which is which
that way

Old 29-06-2009, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 29 June, 17:57, "Angela" wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

| I've mucked it up again. I sowed 2 rows of peas close to each other,
| Greenshaft and Oregon sugar snaps, now I have forgotten which is which.
| One need to be harvested before pods have filled out, about now, the
| other when fat and juicy. Is there any way to tell oner from the other
| please? I fear not! ;-((
| --
| Please reply to group,emails to designated
| address are never read.

Just pick 2 pods that look identical and taste *- you'll know which is which
that way

Pea Hurst Greenshaft 75cm.

Pea Oregon Sugar Pod Sugar peas, 129cm tall,

David Hill

HDRA Competition; printing error Pam Moore United Kingdom 6 30-06-2011 07:15 PM
Pea or not a pea Marq United Kingdom 2 26-03-2010 11:24 AM
Made a small error..... Diana Kulaga Orchids 0 26-04-2003 12:56 AM
Error in Calculating Watts perl Gal/lit?? Richmond Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Daily Telegraph error! sacha United Kingdom 0 08-02-2003 06:04 PM