Old 02-07-2009, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Broad Bean Problem

Hello All

I have had a problem this year that I have not seen before.

something is picking my Broad Beans, ripping the shells open and then eating
the beans.

Any suggestions? I live in Suffolk UK

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England

Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 2, 5:42*pm, John Rye wrote:
Hello All

I have had a problem this year that I have not seen before.

something is picking my Broad Beans, ripping the shells open and then eating
the beans.

Any suggestions? I live in Suffolk UK

Let's face it it's either the neighbours or your wife!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

moghouse wrote:

Let's face it it's either the neighbours or your wife!

It can't be because the same pest seems to do the same thing with my peas.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2 July, 21:26, David in Normandy
wrote:
moghouse wrote:
Let's face it it's either the neighbours or your wife!

It can't be because the same pest seems to do the same thing with my peas..

--
David in Normandy. *
* *To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the
* *subject line, or it will be automatically deleted
* *by a filter and not reach my inbox.

I remember having this problem years ago, turnd out to be a Jay. Once
they get the taste they keep comming back for more
David Hill

Old 02-07-2009, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote...
moghouse wrote:

Let's face it it's either the neighbours or your wife!

It can't be because the same pest seems to do the same thing with my peas.

Mice? Although they usually pick the pods and stash them somewhere safer for
later consumption IME. Found piles of them under cabbage leaves etc in the
past.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:09:34 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote...
moghouse wrote:

Let's face it it's either the neighbours or your wife!

It can't be because the same pest seems to do the same thing with my peas.

Mice? Although they usually pick the pods and stash them somewhere safer for
later consumption IME. Found piles of them under cabbage leaves etc in the
past.

That sounds like it'd be worth setting up night vision camera to film!

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk